He keeps flirting with other girls :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I met a boy online who lives about 6 hours away, but we’ve been talking for a fortnight (sending mirror pics and voice messages, talking about our family and upbringing, me reading his 34 chapter book when we’re only 18 - honestly what an achievement, even if he is playing me lol). Anyway, when stupidly stalking him, I noticed tons of girls tagging him in posts, so I checked their comments and he calls them ‘a bomb’, his ‘princess’, ‘the most beautiful’, etc, all while telling me I’m ‘the one’. Of course he can have girl friends and he probably knows them in person, thus believing their relationship has a higher chance of progressing, but I’ve opened up to him about being cheated on before and it would suck if he violates my secrets. I start university this September and I’d hate to spend the whole summer talking to him, only for him to drop me once he’s bored and then to move cities with low confidence considering this has happened before.
Thanks for any help!
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a boy online who lives about 6 hours away, but we’ve been talking for a fortnight (sending mirror pics and voice messages, talking about our family and upbringing, me reading his 34 chapter book when we’re only 18 - honestly what an achievement, even if he is playing me lol). Anyway, when stupidly stalking him, I noticed tons of girls tagging him in posts, so I checked their comments and he calls them ‘a bomb’, his ‘princess’, ‘the most beautiful’, etc, all while telling me I’m ‘the one’. Of course he can have girl friends and he probably knows them in person, thus believing their relationship has a higher chance of progressing, but I’ve opened up to him about being cheated on before and it would suck if he violates my secrets. I start university this September and I’d hate to spend the whole summer talking to him, only for him to drop me once he’s bored and then to move cities with low confidence considering this has happened before.
Thanks for any help!
What do you want him to do?
Flirt with other boys?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
What do you want him to do?
Flirt with other boys?

while you have a point, I don’t think he should be lying to her and making false promises while talking to other girls.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP I think that if it’s something that bothers you - you should definitely raise your concerns, and see where he really stands with you.

It’s all acceptable he’s talking to other girls before becoming exclusive with you - but I don’t buy that he’s doing so while making false promises to you tbh.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
OP I think that if it’s something that bothers you - you should definitely raise your concerns, and see where he really stands with you.

It’s all acceptable he’s talking to other girls before becoming exclusive with you - but I don’t buy that he’s doing so while making false promises to you tbh.
Thank you. I’m probably just getting ahead of myself because I fall for people way too easily, but I guess I need to trust him.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you. I’m probably just getting ahead of myself because I fall for people way too easily, but I guess I need to trust him.

It’s better to express than withhold. Ask him about it all so he can clarify.

Just don’t demand that he stops but rather an explanation on why he’s saying your the one when his actions contradicts otherwise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads