randomo123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got a D in one of my subjects but A's in the other two for mocks. I dont know what to do with myself, ive never done this badly on an exam. I had such high hopes for the future and I wanted to apply to Cambridge. But now with a D in mocks, that means a low prediction grade. What options do i have?
Rosie273
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All that matters is your prediction grades. Im assuming you're going into year 13 in September, so those mocks then will help boost your grades. You cant apply to Cambridge as most courses are AAA or A*AA, try looking at Russell Group unis. (I applied for oxford, was successful but declined in the end) You will have mocks in September when you go back and these exams will be VERY IMPORTANT so talk to your teachers and try and ask them to boost your prediction grade, do all of your work, revise revise revise and hopefully you'll get that A! GOOD LUCK!!!
randomo123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Rosie273)
All that matters is your prediction grades. Im assuming you're going into year 13 in September, so those mocks then will help boost your grades. You cant apply to Cambridge as most courses are AAA or A*AA, try looking at Russell Group unis. (I applied for oxford, was successful but declined in the end) You will have mocks in September when you go back and these exams will be VERY IMPORTANT so talk to your teachers and try and ask them to boost your prediction grade, do all of your work, revise revise revise and hopefully you'll get that A! GOOD LUCK!!!
Thank you! but i spoke to my teacher and she told me it isnt possible for me to get an A and improve that quick by the time ucas predictions are finalised. If you dont mind me asking, why did you decline oxford?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Work on that subject over the summer - and then talk to your teachers in Sept about possibly raising that grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads