Highest paid medical profession which doesn't require rigorous math

Watch
Rushil01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to get a deeper understanding of which medical professions don't require rigorous math (such as calculus) and their yearly salary. I am saying so as I am only average in the subject and do not wish to encounter it much in the medical field.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rushil01)
I would like to get a deeper understanding of which medical professions don't require rigorous math (such as calculus) and their yearly salary. I am saying so as I am only average in the subject and do not wish to encounter it much in the medical field.
By medical professions, do you mean Dr? Of Allied Healthcare Professions?
A medical degree and working as a Dr does not require rigorous maths and they are happy to accept people who managed a 6 at GCSE as their highest qualification, generally.
There is more info about medical specialties here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6026828
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by "medical professions"? Generally speaking the medical profession refers to doctors; being a doctor does not require advanced maths knowledge or use of calculus.

If your definition is much broader than medical doctors then the only thing I can think of is perhaps medical engineering which would involve a reasonable amount of maths, but I would see that as being part of the engineering field rather than the medical profession.
Rushil01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)
What do you mean by "medical professions"? Generally speaking the medical profession refers to doctors; being a doctor does not require advanced maths knowledge or use of calculus.

If your definition is much broader than medical doctors then the only thing I can think of is perhaps medical engineering which would involve a reasonable amount of maths, but I would see that as being part of the engineering field rather than the medical profession.
Oh I meant like anything ranging from a general practitioner to an anesthiologist. I just want to look at some options for a career.
Rushil01
Rep:
?
(Original post by GANFYD)
By medical professions, do you mean Dr? Of Allied Healthcare Professions?
A medical degree and working as a Dr does not require rigorous maths and they are happy to accept people who managed a 6 at GCSE as their highest qualification, generally.
There is more info about medical specialties here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6026828
Hi, I'm doing the ib program so would u know the grade conversion by any chance?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh I meant like anything ranging from a general practitioner to an anesthiologist. I just want to look at some options for a career.
So being a doctor then. Yeah, you won't need to use calculus or advanced maths while working in any medical specialty.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm doing the ib program so would u know the grade conversion by any chance?
I don't think IB equates to GCSEs?
You can see all the IB requirements of med schools here
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...22-digital.pdf
Rushil01
Rep:
?
(Original post by GANFYD)
I don't think IB equates to GCSEs?
You can see all the IB requirements of med schools here
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...22-digital.pdf
That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads