Mental health + university

Watch
Rosie273
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im going to uni in september and I suffer from depression anxiety possibly BPD and extreme loneliness.
Of course most of these are from childhood trauma but I am terrified of going to university and suffering from all of these. These days its the loneliness as I hear my boyfriend pick up my calls and I hear his friends in the background laughing and having fun, this makes me extremely jealous as I wish I could be laughing and having fun with my friends, yet most of my friends now are from work, me and my best friend have kind of fallen out over something stupid and my boyfriend seems to always be busy with work and whenever I see him it does help with my loneliness it just hits sometimes that I wont be able to see him as easy due to me going to Manchester and him going to Kent.

Any tips on how to avoid this in uni?
thanks
sam_r21xx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I just finished 3 years at Uni, and I am the same as you. I suffer from anxiety and depression, which has always made it difficult for me to fit in and not shut myself away. I highly recommend doing what I did, and that's joining societies. Because they get you to mix with new people, and there is always opportunities to meet anyone similar to you. They also have services on most campuses that offer support if you're ever feeling anxious or depressed, where you can drop-in and have a chat. They then schedule weekly sessions to help you and to find ways to allow you to enjoy your uni experience. Feel free to pm me and we can have a chat. I know how hard it can be! Sam x
Rosie273
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
t

(Original post by sam_r21xx)
Hey! I just finished 3 years at Uni, and I am the same as you. I suffer from anxiety and depression, which has always made it difficult for me to fit in and not shut myself away. I highly recommend doing what I did, and that's joining societies. Because they get you to mix with new people, and there is always opportunities to meet anyone similar to you. They also have services on most campuses that offer support if you're ever feeling anxious or depressed, where you can drop-in and have a chat. They then schedule weekly sessions to help you and to find ways to allow you to enjoy your uni experience. Feel free to pm me and we can have a chat. I know how hard it can be! Sam x
Thank you so much for your advice ill definitely be doing that as soon as I get there!! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads