SuzieChunLaiLang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you start to think like me that University degree is meaningless...? I think they are waste of money and University quality is worse now than ever.

Example...

There is no difference between oxbridge masters and masters at ex-poly or worse. Why..? You just log in to online learning hub and access generic lecture and PDF handout... It is standardised.

Actually going to Oxbridge is bad thing in our society. It imply you are better than others. This is not welcome in modern PC British society. Do you go to Oxbridge for nothing, only financial loss.
Last edited by SuzieChunLaiLang; 1 month ago
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What exactly are you trying to say? :banana:
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay. Thanks for sharing.
SuzieChunLaiLang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by agent37)
What exactly are you trying to say? :banana:
The quality of education between Oxbridge and other Universities is not as wide as it used to be thanks to online learning hub and the internet... I guess???
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuzieChunLaiLang)
The quality of education between Oxbridge and other Universities is not as wide as it used to be thanks to online learning hub and the internet... I guess???
It really depends on how you look at it.

Some degrees at Oxbridge are really difficult compared to other universities. Take the Chemistry course at Oxford as an example, it is known to be the hardest university course to take due to the sheer hours of lab time and coursework, with work continuing through holidays. Compared to a university like Imperial College London, also a well-known university, the knowledge that an Oxbridge student would usually know after taking the same degree is usually much greater and more widespread.

Obviously, it varies a lot but by being at a "better" university, can often push people to do better because they are working around people working more and at a higher level. (Meaning that lots of people generally have higher grades when getting into Oxbridge)
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuzieChunLaiLang)

Actually going to Oxbridge is bad thing in our society. It imply you are better than others. This is not welcome in modern PC British society. Do you go to Oxbridge for nothing, only financial loss.
Nah - modern PC British society is a play act. The people who promote it would always push their children towards Oxbridge. Have you looked at the schools and universities attended by Guardian writers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads