Thinking about writing a novel but what should I do with it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking about writing a novel but I'm unsure of what to do with it if I do?

Is it worth sending off to publish, or should I just consider putting it online as a webnovel on online reading websites and if so, what websites/platforms are best for this?
AnActor184
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why don’t you try to publish it? It sounds like you’ve put a lot of work into it! Maybe research traditional publishing near you.

If you want to release it online, you could look into Quotev, Wattpad and Smashwords. I’ve read ebooks released through Smashwords and they are pretty good! The other two are companies I’ve heard of.

If you decide not to publish it, that’s okay too. Writing a novel is a personal journey you should be proud of.

Hope this helps
Last edited by AnActor184; 1 month ago
michaelhw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The first thing you must do is to write the novel. Thinking about what to do with it at this point is an excuse to postpone.

Do you know how many people who sit around at cafes pretending to be writers? Woody Allen said it best. In his line of work, 2/3 of the job is actually showing up for work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (111)
14.53%
My mental health (111)
14.53%
Feeling behind academically (144)
18.85%
Making friends/social anxiety (138)
18.06%
How to organise myself (25)
3.27%
How to revise/study effectively (91)
11.91%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (128)
16.75%
Something else - let us know in the thread (16)
2.09%

Watched Threads