mumbojumbo3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did bad in my exams, I just know I did - so much so I've already started re-revising.

I want to get an A* in psychology, and I 100000% know I didn't. It wasn't a great year for me academically for a lot of reasons, but ultimately I take full responsibility.

I have about 3 months until resits, which I will 100% be taking for ALL my subjects, not just psychology. I NEED, at the very least, A*AA.

However, this post is specifically about psychology.

I do have some revision notes obviously, but I still have a lot more to make. But with resits approaching, my time is limited (I need to be revising my other subjects too).

My dilemma is that I don't know how to spend the next few weeks revising.

Do I give up trying to make my own notes and use other people's on Quizlet and focus on exam practice?? My fear with that is that I won't have enough detail in my answers using other people's resources.

Do I keep on trying to make my own notes and try to squeeze some exam practice towards the end? I've usually found that I don't need much exam practice to do well, but my fear with this is that I'll run out of time as note-making is so incredibly time-consuming.

You guys may have other ideas, so please help me! What do you think I should dedicate my finite time to doing to ensure I get my dream grades?

Thank you so, so much in advance!
Semiha(t)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Essay plans are super helpful for 16 markers, I’d suggest getting a psych textbook, preferably the green/pink haired girl book and completing essay plans for every 16 marker in the book. It’s deffo not going to be easy but it’s very helpful, plan out your ao1s, your ao2s and your ao3s. Also find out how many marks you get for each of the aos, the typical marking set is ao1 = 6 marks, ao2 = 4 marks and ao3 = 6 marks but for 16 markers with a quote the ao2 marks may be higher which will reduce the ao1 marks.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'd do a mixture of exam practice (16 markers especially!) and revision on areas you know you're not as strong in- research methods seems to be one most people dislike :lol:
Paranoiaa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The points people have said are really good & also just learn the key evaluative points that can be generalised for most studies e.g. internal, external validity, representative, gender validity etc etc
Paranoiaa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
having a good structure and coherency for 16 marks really important too
Semiha(t)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, the website Seneca was really helpful in terms of memorising content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads