Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I'm at home she complains that why do I go on my phone or PlayStation all day

When I go out she says she's sick of me on the streets

I go out with my friends to McDonald's sometimes and she complains about that
It's just like I can't get anything right

I go out often on the streets to get out of the house and stuff then she sometimes just comes over to me asking what I'm doing

What am I meant to do all day? I don't know what I meant to do
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drown out her complaints with music. Doesn't seem like you can stop her.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps you should try doing something more meaningful with your life then? I can understand a mother's concern for their son potentially ending up as an unemployed loser in life.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Perhaps you should try doing something more meaningful with your life then? I can understand a mother's concern for their son potentially ending up as an unemployed loser in life.
I work as well this is my freetime I mean
Anonymous #1
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Drown out her complaints with music. Doesn't seem like you can stop her.
I try to but she just does it
Jobsandsobs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She just wants what’s best for you, but my brother was the same as a teenager and now he’s on track to become a lawyer, so I think you should live your youth. Maybe spend more time with her and offer to do the chores sometimes so she feels appreciated, but also reassure her that you’re just trying to be a normal kid.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I work as well this is my freetime I mean
Aww... boohoo. You work. That must be terrible!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I dont know your relationship with your mum but can you talk to her and figure out why she's so upset by what you do? I have a 10yo who spends his days on YouTube or playing games, it can be frustrating as a parent but it sounds like that's something she needs to work through herself and not put on you. my kid obviously is still pretty young but from a parents perspective, it is really difficult when your kid becomes independent from you and she might be struggling to deal with that. if you can talk to her, do that. if she isn't someone you can talk to, try to just power through until you can leave
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Aww... boohoo. You work. That must be terrible!
Wtf

(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont know your relationship with your mum but can you talk to her and figure out why she's so upset by what you do? I have a 10yo who spends his days on YouTube or playing games, it can be frustrating as a parent but it sounds like that's something she needs to work through herself and not put on you. my kid obviously is still pretty young but from a parents perspective, it is really difficult when your kid becomes independent from you and she might be struggling to deal with that. if you can talk to her, do that. if she isn't someone you can talk to, try to just power through until you can leave
It's not that she just said I should go out more but I do go out and she complains

(Original post by Jobsandsobs)
She just wants what’s best for you, but my brother was the same as a teenager and now he’s on track to become a lawyer, so I think you should live your youth. Maybe spend more time with her and offer to do the chores sometimes so she feels appreciated, but also reassure her that you’re just trying to be a normal kid.
Alright
Presslyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay, same bro, no biggie unless she’s abusive. 🥰
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads