Micham
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone been offered a place on the Paramedic Science degree at Surrey with an access course?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Micham)
Has anyone been offered a place on the Paramedic Science degree at Surrey with an access course?
Hey there

Have you been offered a place on the Paramedic Science degree here at Surrey?

I am a Psychology Student currently on placement, so if you'd like to find anything out about Surrey or have any questions then please let me know so I can help

Becca
SallyFParker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I have had my place confirmed at Surrey to study paramedic science and I also did an access course! Hope you have heard x
Micham
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
That’s good to know! Well done I’m due to start my access course in a few weeks (allied health professions). How did you find it?
hosai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what a levels did you study to get into the paramedic course? i take biology, psychology and pe but dropped out of biology because it was too hard. am i still able to pursue a career in paramedic science without the biology a level?
SallyFParker
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s good to know! Well done I’m due to start my access course in a few weeks (allied health professions). How did you find it?
My access course was more general just as an access to science course and studied chemistry, biology and psychology. I found it to be quite hard and constant work as you need to get a lot of credits in the subject modules all in the space of one year, however, I did have the interruption of the second lockdown which could have made this feel more difficult. I will say to you, just remember this course is purely for you to get into university and there is a definite finish to the stress after one year of hard work. And remember your tutors will look very bad if you aren’t meeting your needed grades as it is their job to get you into university, so bother your tutors to answer emails and ask for help if you need it!!! Expect a lot of assignments to do one after the other, but like I said there is a definite end point to it all, hopefully resulting in the course you want. Hope that helps x
SallyFParker
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hosai)
what a levels did you study to get into the paramedic course? i take biology, psychology and pe but dropped out of biology because it was too hard. am i still able to pursue a career in paramedic science without the biology a level?
Hi! From what I understand psychology is recognised as a firm science a-level now so definitely apply and if they say no you may have to push it back a year and get another qualification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads