Friend texting my boyfriend a lot

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My friend recently broke up with her boyfriend and we are friends with her. But she's texting my boyfriend when I told her she can text me and we're all good friends but the thing is my boyfriend said she texts him in the morning and some nights which I don't really like.

She's nice but this has happened before for a period of time and some people I've told said not to worry about it but I'm getting a bit frustrated that it's happening again and I don't really like it I wanna talk to her about it but I don't wanna sound jealous, my boyfriend even says he doesn't want to text her that often. What should I do?
beagerr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't think it's being jealous, I think it's a **** move on your friends part.

I'm friendly with my friend's girlfriends (a couple of friends, he doesn't have mulitple lol) and we go out on town sometimes together, I have spoke to her about certain topics, like tattoo recommendations when she posts on her story etc... but I would find it very strange to be texting my friend's girlfriend daily
Anonymous #1
(Original post by beagerr)
I don't think it's being jealous, I think it's a **** move on your friends part.

I'm friendly with my friend's girlfriends (a couple of friends, he doesn't have mulitple lol) and we go out on town sometimes together, I have spoke to her about certain topics, like tattoo recommendations when she posts on her story etc... but I would find it very strange to be texting my friend's girlfriend daily
Yeah my boyfriend said she once texted him that she feels like she's cheating with my boyfriend on me because she's texting him a lot as a joke but I don't think it's very funny :/ I just don't wanna tell her because she could be a bit ignorant to stuff like this, but I highly doubted since when she was in a relationship I heard she got very jealous when I gave the whole friend group including her boyfriend a gift which I did when I first met them.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
this is how these things go, doesn’t it. A few texts here and there and before you know it, she’s caught feelings...

I think the only person that can solve this problem is your boyfriend. Let him tell her that he doesn’t like being texted that often, no hard feelings or anything.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
get your boyfriend to like be a dry texter so that she gets the hint that hes not into her
and like get him to show her that hes loyal ex posting you and him on his story , and s ending cute pics to her ,
so she can seee that hes happy and commited
if shedoesnt back off tell her that you dont appreciate her texting him etc , and if she refuses , dump her ass
Anonymous #1
I don’t wanna sound jealous though but I will ask my boyfriend to ask her to not message him as much but idk if it’s sounds like I’m being a bit jealous and controlling. She actually doesn’t talk to him much in real life idk why she’s texting him a lot
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t wanna sound jealous though but I will ask my boyfriend to ask her to not message him as much but idk if it’s sounds like I’m being a bit jealous and controlling. She actually doesn’t talk to him much in real life idk why she’s texting him a lot

It does sound controlling and jealous. But this still doesn’t mean that it’s not in your right to express your concerns about the whole thing.
Black Transit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She can text who she wants, stop being controlling
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Black Transit)
She can text who she wants, stop being controlling
Yh but then what if it becomes a problem after I’m not a controlling person but when I leave some problems alone I got consequences and I don’t want it to turn bad just because I didn’t act upon it
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
why don’t u make a group chat with the 3 of you in it and she can send all of her texts to that chat
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell her to stop it or tell your partner to just ignore her from now on unless it's an emergency. Be assertive. Simple.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.8%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.49%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.88%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
43.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.93%

Watched Threads