preparation before starting uni - biomedical science

Watch
lisani1_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is there anything we should review or revise over summer for September in preparation for biomed?
Aranos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lisani1_00)
is there anything we should review or revise over summer for September in preparation for biomed?
I'm a biochemistry graduate, and I remember that I didn't really need to revise anything to prepare for university. You won't be dropped in the deep end, first year wasn't that big of a step up from how difficult A levels were. It is way more important not to burn out before starting, as the workload will be the biggest challenge, not the complexity of the material. My advice is to relax and be comfortable with the idea of moving away for the first time, being calm and minimising stress is the best way to prepare in my opinion.
lisani1_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Aranos)
I'm a biochemistry graduate, and I remember that I didn't really need to revise anything to prepare for university. You won't be dropped in the deep end, first year wasn't that big of a step up from how difficult A levels were. It is way more important not to burn out before starting, as the workload will be the biggest challenge, not the complexity of the material. My advice is to relax and be comfortable with the idea of moving away for the first time, being calm and minimising stress is the best way to prepare in my opinion.
Hello Aranos, thank you so much for replying! Its much appreciated, I feel much more at ease ^-^

If you don't mind me asking, how was your first year like?
Aranos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello Aranos, thank you so much for replying! Its much appreciated, I feel much more at ease ^-^

If you don't mind me asking, how was your first year like?
No problem. I found first year challenging but enjoyable. Learning new stuff was always fun, but there is a lot to learn, and a lot of assignments like lab reports, tests, essays, that kind of thing. I didn't have much difficulty understanding the content, it's just a case of memorising a lot of stuff, but that's just biology for you. I always procrastinated which made it harder than it needed to be, but if you work consistently, don't put off work until the last minute, and never be afraid of asking questions you should be fine.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

I hope you're well

If you want to chat to a current student studying Biomed about what they did to prepare for their first year, I'd recommend you follow the link below - where you can chat to some of our current students about that they did!
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/chat/ > It looks like Calum studies biomed

Hope that's helpful!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise