The Student Room Group

Is anyone else just sick of house parties/clubbing? Or is it just me?

I’m not sure what Covid did to me 😂 but, I feel like it has made me feel like an extrovert with a social battery of a phone that has been in use for 10 years 😂.

I just don’t see the fun in them anymore, even though I genuinely had a decent time in them after Covid. I just don’t see what I get out of seeing people gossip,others being petty about other people and of course, drinking for the sake of getting drunk.

It is definitely each time their own and I respect anyone who parties for these reasons, but I have come to grown out of it and I’m not sure if others are feeling the same way, is it just age? I am 21 so I feel like I’m too young to feel this way 😂.

I just find other things more fulfilling and enjoyable and do great things to my self-confidence and well-being - I just feel like people don’t know how to have a form of escape these days, Netflix and all that are good examples but I don’t think it takes away the fact that they still don’t know how to have an escape, rather than manifesting that escape to alcohol or anything else.

I do apologise if I sound self-righteous and no disrespect to anyone who may feel offended or do any of the things mentioned in this, I just wanted to offer my perspective and see if anyone is feeling this way.

Many thanks!
Drinking in general always seems like more fun than it actually is.
I've had some great, memorable nights out but so often there's a point where I should just call it a night, and I don't, and I end up worse for wear as a result.

Clubs and house parties just wear off over time, when you've gone to enough of them they all just seem the same.
The only real enjoyment I get out of them is meeting girls, I think a lot of guys are the same way.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanLaurentParis
Drinking in general always seems like more fun than it actually is.
I've had some great, memorable nights out but so often there's a point where I should just call it a night, and I don't, and I end up worse for wear as a result.

Clubs and house parties just wear off over time, when you've gone to enough of them they all just seem the same.
The only real enjoyment I get out of them is meeting girls, I think a lot of guys are the same way.

I suppose so, but I don’t know, some people enjoy them for different reasons too, but what you said is also very true.

And too true they all seem the same, especially if you’re sober in almost all of them.
If the people you spend time with don't stimulate you, then you need to look in the mirror.

Also what is this 'after covid'? you speak of? we're in the middle of it. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
If the people you spend time with don't stimulate you, then you need to look in the mirror.

Also what is this 'after covid'? you speak of? we're in the middle of it. :tongue:

You’re very correct 😅 I also realised I posted this in the wrong forum 😭.

I mean after “freedom day”
How does this relate to the Olympics?
Reply 6
Original post by barnet1471
How does this relate to the Olympics?

I posted it on the wrong forum 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending