Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically me and my friends arranged a little 2 day trip to Skegness just to hang out and chill and maybe have some drinks (we're all 18 except one of us (remember that one)). And we all said that if we decide to drink then it'll be in a bar or a pub.

So fast forward a couple weeks, we still haven't gone yet it's in a few days, I notice one of my friends talking about going to a nightclub and I'm like hold on a second, I didn't agree to this. So I say to them this wasn't in the plan I've already said I'm not comfortable going to a nightclub while covid is still very present. And I basically got told yolo we don't care.

Now remember the friend that isn't 18 yet, the other week she was arguing because she didn't have ID so she might not be able to drink with us (bear in mind she knew from the beginning what our intentions were with the trip but still agreed to come). She was telling me that my Summer's gonna be sh*t if I don't plan on going to clubs. First of all she's literally 17 and second of all since when we're nightclubs the only source of amusement? The level of hypocrisy is disturbing considering she was crying about being left in the hotel while we drink but now the roles have reversed and it's something I don't wanna do, but apparently I have to just put up with it.
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The notion that life revolves around nightclubs is farcical !

There are so many better ways to be with and around people and to make relationships.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
The notion that life revolves around nightclubs is farcical !

There are so many better ways to be with and around people and to make relationships.
Exactly! I don't know why they're so obsessed with drinking and nightclubs but I'm not giving into it when I'm not comfortable with it. I've decided not to go now anyway because they were all having a go at me and telling me if I don't like it I shouldn't come, even though nightclubs were never the plan. At least I know they're not real friends now I guess. Just a bit annoying when I'm the one that arranged the hotel and all the stressful stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads