Please give me some advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve never had any friends since primary school and didn’t have a solid friendship group. For some reason people didn’t like me even though I am nice and very smiley. I considered ending my life in year 4.
I feel very lonely to the point where I’m writing it on here because I don’t even have anyone to talk to. What do I do to feel less lonely? It’s so hard to make friends and I feel so so empty. Is what I’m going through normal?
Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 1 month ago
AzureWind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
...That's depression. I've had it because of poor genetics and it's really bad at times. I have hundreds of scars from cutting myself but after a break-up with the girl I loved and gave all my firsts to I almost ended up taking my own life several times. Having no friends may be either you underestimating your worth to the people around you or you haven't found the right crowd yet. I don't know what you're hobbies or interests are so I can't help you in that regard, but what I can tell you is to move on. Depression sucks. This period in your life sucks. But look to the future, when you're more free and can be with people you actually enjoy being around. But for the time being, keep pushing on. It's cheesy as hell but it gets better. If you ever feel like killing yourself, the number for the suicide hotline in the uk is 116-123. If you're not from here, google where it is for you. Or, if you feel weird calling some organisation like that, send me a pm and we can talk about it. As someone who has been through the same stuff and has (mostly) gotten over it, I'll pass some advice onto you anytime you need with no judgement C:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AzureWind)
...That's depression. I've had it because of poor genetics and it's really bad at times. I have hundreds of scars from cutting myself but after a break-up with the girl I loved and gave all my firsts to I almost ended up taking my own life several times. Having no friends may be either you underestimating your worth to the people around you or you haven't found the right crowd yet. I don't know what you're hobbies or interests are so I can't help you in that regard, but what I can tell you is to move on. Depression sucks. This period in your life sucks. But look to the future, when you're more free and can be with people you actually enjoy being around. But for the time being, keep pushing on. It's cheesy as hell but it gets better. If you ever feel like killing yourself, the number for the suicide hotline in the uk is 116-123. If you're not from here, google where it is for you. Or, if you feel weird calling some organisation like that, send me a pm and we can talk about it. As someone who has been through the same stuff and has (mostly) gotten over it, I'll pass some advice onto you anytime you need with no judgement C:
Thank you. I feel somewhat relieved that someone else was on the same position as me. Really appreciate it
AzureWind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you. I feel somewhat relieved that someone else was on the same position as me. Really appreciate it
Hey, no worries. And I'm serious about messaging me. I know it can be uncomfortable to talk in threads and just having someone there for you can really make the difference. If you PM me, I can follow you on twitter where I'm more active if you want?
JonnoCousin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My Advice forwarded by one of my friends, is to play a sport. He mentioned the famous ball game known by the name Football or "Soccer" for the colonies. You make many friends through sports.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads