The Student Room Group

Is it inappropriate for a 17 year old to be hooking up with a 23 year old

I am a 17 year old girl and for the past few months i have been having casual sex with a 23 year old guyThe premise of the relationship is just physical - no feelings But i am not sure if this is okay or not, i think he is nice and a good person, but is this weird because of the age? i do sometimes question why he would be hooking up with me rather than a girl his age, should i be concerned?
Reply 1
It is a bit, yeah.
Original post by anni003
I am a 17 year old girl and for the past few months i have been having casual sex with a 23 year old guyThe premise of the relationship is just physical - no feelings But i am not sure if this is okay or not, i think he is nice and a good person, but is this weird because of the age? i do sometimes question why he would be hooking up with me rather than a girl his age, should i be concerned?

not legally, but I'd recommend finding someone your own age. someone in his position will most likely have ulterior motifs. Also, casual sex at 17? Not trying to judge but I do believe you should respect yourself more. But then again, I don't know you so I can't say much lol.
Original post by AzureWind
Not trying to judge but I do believe you should respect yourself more. But then again, I don't know you so I can't say much lol.

You: “Not trying to judge”

Also you: *judges*

Original post by CaptainDuckie
You: “Not trying to judge”

Also you: *judges*

Well I didn't mean it in a harsh way lol. I'm a bit of an old timer when it comes to sex I guess, but, again, it's more of the fact that some people feel like they have to because that's the only way they feel validated, so respecting yourself more in that situation can be better. C:
According to the equation ‘half his age plus 7’ you’re slightly out, but only by 1 year. Ask him why he is hooking up with you?, maybe he regards you as nice and a good person too?? Good luck &
P E A C E .

Quick Reply

Latest