?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lisani1_00)
It will really depend on your course and your uni! You'll likely get a few essays (about 1000 words) to write, maybe some maths/problem solving assignments, lab reports definitely. You may be expected to do some assessed presentations too.

What kind of things would you like to know about them!
Last edited by yeahthatonethere; 1 month ago
lisani1_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by yeahthatonethere)
It will really depend on your course and your uni! You'll likely get a few essays (about 1000 words) to write, maybe some maths/problem solving assignments, lab reports definitely. You may be expected to do some assessed presentations too.

What kind of things would you like to know about them!
Hi! Thank you for replying, its much appreciated!! I just had one other question: Is the jump between a-levels and first year of uni difficult, in terms of assignments and work? And where there any unexcepted surprises, when you began?
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lisani1_00)
Hi! Thank you for replying, its much appreciated!! I just had one other question: Is the jump between a-levels and first year of uni difficult, in terms of assignments and work? And where there any unexcepted surprises, when you began?
Hmm I wouldn't necessarily say a jump in difficulty but it's a big change in that it's completely new ways of learning and assessment alongside everything in your life changing too. The jump between 1st and 2nd year is higher than between a levels and 1st year in my opinion.

I'd say the biggest shock was how independent you get to be in all of your studying. Everything is up to you and you are held totally accountable for it all. No one is gonna remind you of deadlines or push you along. Its kinda nice though when you get used to it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads