heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm planning on applying for maths, and I've just started to write my first draft of my PS. I've written this paragraph which is talking about this virtual seminar thing I attended.
It's quite a long paragraph though (well, quite long considering how short a PS is), and doesn't show that I've done anything other than attend this virtual thing. I'm worried that I've gone into too much detail - the PS is meant to be about why you want to study a subject at uni, not you just writing about some topics, right?

I appreciate it's difficult to answer this question if you haven't actually read it, but of course I cant show you it - do you reckon I should re-do this paragraph and write it in a completely different way, or is this the sort of thing they want you to include??
Last edited by heccyeah; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sounds perfect.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heccyeah)
I'm planning on applying for maths, and I've just started to write my first draft of my PS. I've written this paragraph which is talking about this virtual seminar thing I attended - I've mentioned the name of the topic it was about, said one thing that stood out to me most from the seminar, and then I've got a few sentences talking about said thing / what I thought about it, then I've said how it made me change how I viewed a particular topic, and then I've related that back to studying maths at uni and why I would be interested at studying maths in a more proof-based way.

It's quite a long paragraph though (well, quite long considering how short a PS is), and doesn't show that I've done anything other than attend this virtual thing. I'm worried that I've gone into too much detail - the PS is meant to be about why you want to study a subject at uni, not you just writing about some topics, right?

I appreciate it's difficult to answer this question if you haven't actually read it, but of course I cant show you it - do you reckon I should re-do this paragraph and write it in a completely different way, or is this the sort of thing they want you to include??
I think it sounds more interesting than most of the stuff other people put into their PS and you've related it to your subject so I can't see any problem with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads