The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

questions

hey guys
I just finsied my as level course and got my predicted grade.
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

I always wanted to apply for LSE but I realized a lot of students need excellent GCSE grades to get an offer from LSE. However, I studied in a different curriculum before I came to sixth form college. Do you guys think it is worth it take at least 6 GCSEs and get score for it?
Original post by junbin
hey guys
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

I always wanted to apply for LSE but I realized a lot of students need excellent GCSE grades to get an offer from LSE. However, I studied in a different curriculum before I came to sixth form college. Do you guys think it is worth it take at least 6 GCSEs and get score for it?

What were your GCSE scores? If you could elaborate on that I could help you further :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by drs.vud.192
What were your GCSE scores? If you could elaborate on that I could help you further :smile:

THe thing is i didn't had the chance to learn GCSE at all. I was in an international school before I came to the sixth form college.
If LSE really wants GCSE, I am considering to learn all the GCSEs. But do you think it is worth it doing that?
Original post by junbin
hey guys
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

Hi, I think you should email them and ask. Probably is worth writing to a bunch of unis so you already know their answer before applying.
For sure not having GCSE is not a "problem" for international student and IB student but you situation is a bit different because now you are doing A-level
Original post by junbin
THe thing is i didn't had the chance to learn GCSE at all. I was in an international school before I came to the sixth form college.
If LSE really wants GCSE, I am considering to learn all the GCSEs. But do you think it is worth it doing that?

Email LSE and ask them about it. Do you have pre-sixth form qualifications (equivalent to GCSEs)? If so, don't worry because universities consider them the same way they'd consider GCSEs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending