junbin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys
I just finsied my as level course and got my predicted grade.
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

I always wanted to apply for LSE but I realized a lot of students need excellent GCSE grades to get an offer from LSE. However, I studied in a different curriculum before I came to sixth form college. Do you guys think it is worth it take at least 6 GCSEs and get score for it?
drs.vud.192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by junbin)
hey guys
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

I always wanted to apply for LSE but I realized a lot of students need excellent GCSE grades to get an offer from LSE. However, I studied in a different curriculum before I came to sixth form college. Do you guys think it is worth it take at least 6 GCSEs and get score for it?
What were your GCSE scores? If you could elaborate on that I could help you further
junbin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by drs.vud.192)
What were your GCSE scores? If you could elaborate on that I could help you further
THe thing is i didn't had the chance to learn GCSE at all. I was in an international school before I came to the sixth form college.
If LSE really wants GCSE, I am considering to learn all the GCSEs. But do you think it is worth it doing that?
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey guys
Math - A*
FM- A
Econ- A
Phsyics -B

Hi, I think you should email them and ask. Probably is worth writing to a bunch of unis so you already know their answer before applying.
For sure not having GCSE is not a "problem" for international student and IB student but you situation is a bit different because now you are doing A-level
drs.vud.192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
THe thing is i didn't had the chance to learn GCSE at all. I was in an international school before I came to the sixth form college.
If LSE really wants GCSE, I am considering to learn all the GCSEs. But do you think it is worth it doing that?
Email LSE and ask them about it. Do you have pre-sixth form qualifications (equivalent to GCSEs)? If so, don't worry because universities consider them the same way they'd consider GCSEs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.55%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.66%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
39.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads