junbin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi i just finisehd my As level course and preparing my a level course.
I got my first prediction grade which is
math - A*
Fm- A
Econ- A
physics - B

During my first term of yr 13 i can improve them to A* and I am working on that now as well. However, no matter how good my a level predictions are, people say LSE is very strict about GCSE grades. Unfortunately, I was in a totally different curriculum that my old school didn't support it. Do I get disadvantage because I don't have GCSE qualification?

I saw the LSE website that GCSE grades are not compulsory but most students who applied for LSE says they are very strict about GCSE grades

need some honest answers
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by junbin)
math - A*
Fm- A
Econ- A
physics - B

During my first term of yr 13 i can improve them to A* and I am working on that now as well. However, no matter how good my a level predictions are, people say LSE is very strict about GCSE grades. Unfortunately, I was in a totally different curriculum that my old school didn't support it. Do I get disadvantage because I don't have GCSE qualification?

I saw the LSE website that GCSE grades are not compulsory but most students who applied for LSE says they are very strict about GCSE grades

need some honest answers
Are you a UK or international student?
junbin
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Are you a UK or international student?
i am a uk student studying sixth form but from south korea
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i am a uk student studying sixth form but from south korea
But you took your GCSEs in the UK?
junbin
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
But you took your GCSEs in the UK?
I was in an internationl school which offered AP and IB and as I was in secondary school I wasn't eligible to take any AP or IB courses. So yh no GCSE qualification and no AP or IB qualification .
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was in an internationl school which offered AP and IB and as I was in secondary school I wasn't eligible to take any AP or IB courses. So yh no GCSE qualification and no AP or IB qualification .
I don't understand about AP but my point is, if you didn't get the opportunity to sit GCSEs in your school then a uni won't hold it against you that you don't have them - they will review your application differently.

LSE will be strict on home students because they will expect them to have easily been able to take a wide range of GCSEs at school

I'm struggling to understand your exact situation and I think it's best you ask LSE Admissions directly for advice.
econhelp525
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does South Korea offer a GCSE equivalent that you sat? Maybe you can request your secondary school transcripts and give them to LSE. Check LSE's website and check on the international qualifications, and go to South Korea
sararah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm also doing International A-Levels in South Korea! My predicted are 4A* in Maths, FM, Econ, and Chem.

I am definitely in the same boat as you. I also don't have GCSE grades, since I went to an IB school in for middle school, and AP school until I switched to A-Levels. What I believe is that if we have alternatives, like GPAs, then it will be okay.
sararah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
math - A*
Fm- A
Econ- A
physics - B

need some honest answers
Hey, I got your private message. For some reason, I can't message on TSR, so it would be great if you could message me your email address, and we can go from there. Sorry about the inconvenience!
Last edited by sararah04; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads