HeroOfKvatch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I would like to join the Fleet Air Arm as and Officer Observer once I am finished with my B-tech course which should give me plenty enough UCAS points provided I do well however there's a slight snag. The role requires English and Maths GCSE at grade 6 or above and I only have them at 4 and 5. Does this completely rule out the role or are exceptions ever made?
thanks
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HeroOfKvatch)
So I would like to join the Fleet Air Arm as and Officer Observer once I am finished with my B-tech course which should give me plenty enough UCAS points provided I do well however there's a slight snag. The role requires English and Maths GCSE at grade 6 or above and I only have them at 4 and 5. Does this completely rule out the role or are exceptions ever made?
thanks
Minimum requirements are there for a reason, every role in the armed forces is competitive and going in with less than the minimum is a sure way to guarantee your failure to be selected.

Look to see if you can redo those exams to get the grades you need.
HeroOfKvatch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Minimum requirements are there for a reason, every role in the armed forces is competitive and going in with less than the minimum is a sure way to guarantee your failure to be selected.

Look to see if you can redo those exams to get the grades you need.
Ok thanks, luckily I can redo
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even with higher qualifications, you still need your GCSEs at the required grades, as they show you have studied the subjects at an in-depth level.

If anyone starts talking on here about educational waivers, they are for exceptional candidates, therefore rare, and not when you are missing the cut by a grade or 2 in more than one subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads