The Student Room Group

UoB or QMUL?

So I’ve firmed Computer Science at the University of Birmingham but I have to take a foundation year as I didn’t take maths at A-Level. I could’ve gone straight into CS at Queen Mary and could’ve even taken a year in industry. I ended up going towards Birmingham because it’s more ‘prestigious’ apparently .

Would I have been better off going to QMUL and doing that year in industry rather than going to Birmingham with a foundation year?
You've firmed your uni now, it's better not to think about this kind of thing. What did you insure?
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
You've firmed your uni now, it's better not to think about this kind of thing. What did you insure?

I can still apply through adjustment/clearing no? I insured Uni of Nottingham.
Original post by zkrm25
I can still apply through adjustment/clearing no? I insured Uni of Nottingham.

Yeah of course! I just mean it's best not to fret since when you were firming, UoB sounded like the better option to you. If you're now leaning towards QMUL, check to see if they're in clearing.
I personally wouldn't worry about 'prestige' tbh, you have to enjoy your time there and then actually have chances of employment once you graduate. University prestige ends up meaning nothing if it doesn't give you the tools to help you do what you want post graduation.
Original post by zkrm25
So I’ve firmed Computer Science at the University of Birmingham but I have to take a foundation year as I didn’t take maths at A-Level. I could’ve gone straight into CS at Queen Mary and could’ve even taken a year in industry. I ended up going towards Birmingham because it’s more ‘prestigious’ apparently .

Would I have been better off going to QMUL and doing that year in industry rather than going to Birmingham with a foundation year?

Omg i applied for uni of bham foundation year for cs and they rejected me :frown: that was my dream uni, you’re so lucky
Reply 5
Original post by zkrm25

Oh I've got this exact debate with myself rn (same universities and everything). What did you think about your decision in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending