elladh9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

I was just trying to get peoples opinions on this. I’m planning on handing out some leaflets in my area.I would advertise to feed, clean, play with peoples pets or pet sit. I’m 21 and I’m a university student with no qualifications for it. I have a job at a nursery and I am also unqualified. I want to do a first aid course but I haven’t yet. I have done babysitting in the past for my neighbours. I have had many pets myself and i have pets at the moment, so I do have experience.

Please let me know what you think??
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A good idea
Make sure that you have two references at least to check and a up to date DBS check as well. I also recommend having your first aid skills evaluated in case. Also prepare a list of activities to do on any sitting jobs and even create a short list of new places to visit. Set up a account on a recommended site for licensed childcare providers and then you can go from there. Ensure that you know what you are doing. It is a good idea to be totally honest about your fees and so on. Describe your babysitting skills.
elladh9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
A good idea
Make sure that you have two references at least to check and a up to date DBS check as well. I also recommend having your first aid skills evaluated in case. Also prepare a list of activities to do on any sitting jobs and even create a short list of new places to visit. Set up a account on a recommended site for licensed childcare providers and then you can go from there. Ensure that you know what you are doing. It is a good idea to be totally honest about your fees and so on. Describe your babysitting skills.
Ah ok thank you! Yes, I do have references and a DBS check. I’ve wanted to do a first aid course for a while, just because I think it’s important to have that knowledge. Have you done much babysitting yourself? Thanks again
username5813699
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, you can also try tutoring in things you think you have enough knowledge to share e.g subjects, hobbies etc. Try online platform e.g. Edumentors .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads