My best friend is copying me

Watch
Imogen_xoxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve had this best friend for about 4-5 years now and she was the best person ever I could go to her for anything and same for her she could come to me for anything. Now it’s all changed during this year she’s completely changed. My personality is very loud and she’s very normal but loud sometimes with me too. Now she’s copying everything I say and all my jokes. Everything I say she just twists it a bit and says it. I’m not sure if this should annoy me or not but it is a lot. The fact she’s basically taking my personality to get popular around people annoys me. What should I even do. Is it just me being over dramatic or is this annoying
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask her why she's doing it.
Imogen_xoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
you sound like a extra Competitive b*tch
In what way 🤣
AnActor184
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk to her about it. Ask her if she’s okay and tell her that you noticed that she’s changed.

If she gets annoyed you can make the conversation more lighthearted by making a joke. Something like “I’m sure it wasn’t just my bad influence doing this to you!”

Maybe she wants to be like you because she admired who you are.

Either way you should get clarity and talk to her about it. You guys will have a better relationship and be more open afterwards.
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imogen_xoxo)
So I’ve had this best friend for about 4-5 years now and she was the best person ever I could go to her for anything and same for her she could come to me for anything. Now it’s all changed during this year she’s completely changed. My personality is very loud and she’s very normal but loud sometimes with me too. Now she’s copying everything I say and all my jokes. Everything I say she just twists it a bit and says it. I’m not sure if this should annoy me or not but it is a lot. The fact she’s basically taking my personality to get popular around people annoys me. What should I even do. Is it just me being over dramatic or is this annoying

Imogen_xoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4D Chess)

Why did u copy everything 🤣
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why did u copy everything 🤣

Why did u copy everything🤣
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
YaliaV123
Tried to pm but it says your mailbox is full...you need to delete a couple of messages.
da_nolo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
or...there is no competition and you realise your commonality. why look down at this friend?
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
YaliaV123
Tried to pm but it says your mailbox is full...you need to delete a couple of messages.
OK
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You should be happy because she is learning from you, she wants to be like you. This shows that you have a good personality and people like her see you as a leader .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (22)
8.27%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.2%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.67%

Watched Threads