URGENT HELP - don’t skip

Watch
hafsa12334
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently 17 and I struggle with processing with what I read or learn - does anyone have any tips and would reading books over the holidays help with my school work-I’m currently studying applied science and health and social
please can you recommend some books that are really easy to understand for someone whose comprehension is really poor

username5778053
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hafsa12334)
I am currently 17 and I struggle with processing with what I read or learn - does anyone have any tips and would reading books over the holidays help with my school work-I’m currently studying applied science and health and social
please can you recommend some books that are really easy to understand for someone whose comprehension is really poor
Try reading books that interest you, I found that the hunger games really helped me as it had themes which I really enjoyed. I really used to struggle with reading but I find that if my brains is too occupied than it’s hard for me to actually concentrate. I am actually starting one of my hardest books to understand today, Jane eyre!!! But good luck
AnActor184
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can try to read books that are dyslexia-friendly. I read this short book called ‘The Mystery of Me’ by Karen McCombie. It is dyslexia-friendly, pretty short and easy to understand.
AnActor184
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Read what you’re interested in of curious about. If you’re really struggling, read books that are targeted for a younger audience and then move up the difficulty. For example, read young adult fiction before moving onto classics.
hafsa12334
Rep:
?
Thankyou sm guys!!
hafsa12334
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnActor184)
Read what you’re interested in of curious about. If you’re really struggling, read books that are targeted for a younger audience and then move up the difficulty. For example, read young adult fiction before moving onto classics.
What kind of beginner books would u Rex Omd that’s that helped improve ur comprehension ability
AnActor184
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What kind of beginner books would u Rex Omd that’s that helped improve ur comprehension ability
Juvenile fiction is good for beginners. Usually they have illustrations too so if you’re confused about the plot that can help out.

Examples of juvenile fiction are diary-type books like Tom Gates or Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
pxrx_dx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JuicyPearrr)
Try reading books that interest you, I found that the hunger games really helped me as it had themes which I really enjoyed. I really used to struggle with reading but I find that if my brains is too occupied than it’s hard for me to actually concentrate. I am actually starting one of my hardest books to understand today, Jane eyre!!! But good luck
I'm reading Jane Eyre and I really enjoy it so far.
AnActor184
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pxrx_dx)
I'm reading Jane Eyre and I really enjoy it so far.
Cool! What kind of books do you read and where do you get your recommendations from?
username5778053
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cool! What kind of books do you read and where do you get your recommendations from?
Good reads!!! It really helps to just read the reviews
AnActor184
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JuicyPearrr)
Good reads!!! It really helps to just read the reviews
Cool I use that too! What is your username?
pxrx_dx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeahh, I use Goodreads too.

I read books that are in multiple genres but in general, they're all fiction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
12.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (23)
39.66%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
17.24%

Watched Threads