How many a-levels required for me to study abroad

Watch
Yasmeenghanem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone ! I’m an international student in grade 11 .I have 6 IGCSE O-level and completed 1 As level .I was wondering how many a-levels are needed for me to study in Sweden,Austria,Finland,Norway,Poland and Italy . I still didn’t choose what country I want to study in ,but these are my options and depending on how many a-levels each country requires I will choose the final country .(I still have one year to finish high school so if anyone knows the requirements in any of these counties I would really appreciate the help !)
Hinjo Eng
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hello,
please inbox i can help
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yasmeenghanem)
Hello everyone ! I’m an international student in grade 11 .I have 6 IGCSE O-level and completed 1 As level .I was wondering how many a-levels are needed for me to study in Sweden,Austria,Finland,Norway,Poland and Italy . I still didn’t choose what country I want to study in ,but these are my options and depending on how many a-levels each country requires I will choose the final country .(I still have one year to finish high school so if anyone knows the requirements in any of these counties I would really appreciate the help !)
Hi,
Three A Levels are normally the general standard requirement, but check with the specific institutions you want to study at to be safe! All the best!
Samantha, Official UoP Rep
SoonToBeExpat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yasmeenghanem)
Hello everyone ! I’m an international student in grade 11 .I have 6 IGCSE O-level and completed 1 As level .I was wondering how many a-levels are needed for me to study in Sweden
As an international student going to Sweden myself, you only need 2 A-levels "at a passing grade" in order to meet the basic entry requirements for your application to be considered. Note that some courses require higher entry requirements.
This is the Swedish UCAS equivalent with a fill list of requirements for studying in Sweden with British Qualifications: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-bachelors/provide-application-documents-bachelors/required-documents/united-kingdom-england-wales-northern-ireland/#meeting-the-general-entry-requirements
Qualification/grade levels in Sweden can be a bit difficult to understand - they are usually presented between 1-5 (e.g. English 2, Mathematics 4, Sciences 1)
Grade levels 1-3 are usually equivalent to a GCSE
Grade 4 is equivalent to an AS Level,
Grade 5 is equivalent to a full A Level.
(note that they don't care of the individual grade you got, as long as its a passing grade. So these are considered to be at GCSE - grade C/4, At A Level - grade E)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads