joshua60
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have recently had two job interviews, one on Thursday for a kitchen porter job and one on Friday for "Games Master" at an escape room. I got a trial shift for kitchen porter and absolutely hated it, but I'd still do it if I didn't get the games master position. I really want the games master position and want to make it known to the employer that I am extremely enthusiastic about the job role. I was told that they will still be interviewing games master candidates until Monday (Monday being the last day of the interviews) and then they'd tell everyone on either Tuesday or Wednesday if they were successful, whereas the kitchen porters would tell everyone on Monday if they were successful. If I was to be successful in the kitchen porter job role, would it be worth ringing up the escape room in Tuesday and explaining that I've had a job offer elsewhere and that I'd like to know when I'll find out if I've been successful as I am extremely enthusiastic and had my heart set on the games master role, or would that just come across as rude? Would they potentially just tell me to accept the job offer elsewhere and not bother as games master? I don't know if it would be too risky to ring them, but I want them to know how enthusiastic I am - and I already was before I had my nightmare trial shift as kitchen porter. Should I call them if I get the kitchen porter job or just leave it and see what happens?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by joshua60)
I have recently had two job interviews, one on Thursday for a kitchen porter job and one on Friday for "Games Master" at an escape room. I got a trial shift for kitchen porter and absolutely hated it, but I'd still do it if I didn't get the games master position. I really want the games master position and want to make it known to the employer that I am extremely enthusiastic about the job role. I was told that they will still be interviewing games master candidates until Monday (Monday being the last day of the interviews) and then they'd tell everyone on either Tuesday or Wednesday if they were successful, whereas the kitchen porters would tell everyone on Monday if they were successful. If I was to be successful in the kitchen porter job role, would it be worth ringing up the escape room in Tuesday and explaining that I've had a job offer elsewhere and that I'd like to know when I'll find out if I've been successful as I am extremely enthusiastic and had my heart set on the games master role, or would that just come across as rude? Would they potentially just tell me to accept the job offer elsewhere and not bother as games master? I don't know if it would be too risky to ring them, but I want them to know how enthusiastic I am - and I already was before I had my nightmare trial shift as kitchen porter. Should I call them if I get the kitchen porter job or just leave it and see what happens?
If you get offered the kitchen porter job- take it. A job is a job until you find something better.
Then afterwards if you then get offered the games master one, then phone up the kitchen porter one and let them know that you will no longer be taking up the position. This does happen quite a lot, especially as people apply for several positions within a short period of time.
I wouldnt go round ringing up the games master one before they have made their decision on who they are going to hire. You may be enthusiastic and really want the job, but it may seem a bit pushy. Obviously if you have not heard from them later on in the week i.e. a few days after they said they would get back to you, the. I'd chase it up. But I'd leave it until then.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would forget the kitchen porter role, it’s a terrible job, confirmed by your trial shift. Focus on the games master, if your not successful tell them how enthusiastic you are, ask for some feedback and to be kept on file and apply for other similar roles. In answer to your question though, I doubt you will be able to push the pace with an ultimatum but it might be worth a try.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First time I'm hearing about this games master / escape room thing. Sounds interesting, can you please elaborate further?
joshua60
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
First time I'm hearing about this games master / escape room thing. Sounds interesting, can you please elaborate further?
Basically you brief the customers on their specific escape room (escaping a prison, investigating Sherlock Holmes' office, etc.) then watch them on the cameras as they try to escape. You give them clues when they ask for them, and are encouraged to put on a voice pertaining to the escape room (thick accent for prison escape, posh accent for Sherlock Holmes). They will either escape the room or they won't, either way you will debrief them after the 60 minutes - remaining in character and being enthusiastic and immersive to the experience. Basically you get to have a laugh watching everyone struggle to escape!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by joshua60)
Basically you brief the customers on their specific escape room (escaping a prison, investigating Sherlock Holmes' office, etc.) then watch them on the cameras as they try to escape. You give them clues when they ask for them, and are encouraged to put on a voice pertaining to the escape room (thick accent for prison escape, posh accent for Sherlock Holmes). They will either escape the room or they won't, either way you will debrief them after the 60 minutes - remaining in character and being enthusiastic and immersive to the experience. Basically you get to have a laugh watching everyone struggle to escape!
Is it like those Escape Room horror movies?
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
joshua60
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Is it like those Escape Room horror movies?
It's not horror, no. They just have to find things around the room and solves puzzles
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise