How to get SFE to send you a letter as proof of address?

Watch
rosesxoxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm currently applying for a job and it's asking me for proof of address which is dated within the past three months, however my latest SFE letter was in March 2021 so I've just missed out on the 3 month mark. Would I be able to ask SFE to send me another letter? Because I really need this letter and I've tried to call your number and it's not worked and you don't have an email, so I have resorted to trying to get into contact with you on here haha. Please help me to resolve this. Would you be able to send me a new letter as proof of address?
Last edited by rosesxoxo; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your university will usually be able to provide you with this. Or print out a bank statement or phone bill?

Are the job insisting on an SFE letter?
rosesxoxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Your university will usually be able to provide you with this. Or print out a bank statement or phone bill?

Are the job insisting on an SFE letter?
They need 2 separate documents as proof of address. And they’re not necessarily insisting on a SFE letter, however the range of other documents which you can send, I can’t send any of them apart from a bank statement and SFE letter so I don’t know what to do. I really need this SFE letter as well to apply for this job. How can I get a new SFE letter or how should I go about getting one, who can help me with this? Please help me, I would really appreciate it and be grateful.
Last edited by rosesxoxo; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosesxoxo)
They need 2 separate documents as proof of address. And they’re not necessarily insisting on a SFE letter, however the range of other documents which you can send, I can’t send any of them apart from a bank statement and SFE letter so I don’t know what to do. I really need this SFE letter as well to apply for this job. How can I get a new SFE letter or how should I go about getting one, who can help me with this? Please help me, I would really appreciate it.
SFE won't issue you letters at random to help you with proof of ID. If you haven't got a recent letter in your correspondence section online then you can't use an SFE letter.
Talk to the job employers and explain the problem. They might accept an older letter from SFE or they might give you some other examples of acceptable proof like a letter from your university (or council tax exemption letter from your university).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads