Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
just wondering if anyone can share some advice on completely stage 1 of an OU degree part time in the first year for studying for 6 years going part time the whole way.
now im considering to actually go full time but this includes doing 60 credits from stage 1 and then 60 credits from stage 2. is this possible with the timelines required for each part so that's studying 3 different sections within one academic year ?
ive spoken to someone breifly on the live chat and there saying it needs to get authorised by the faculty however when i did apply originally i was told yes its possible otherwise i would not of taken on the BA degree in the first place

much appreciated if anyone is able to reply to me

many thanks
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a little confused as to what you mean.

Do you mean you have done 60 credits at level one and this year you wish to do the remaining 60credits from level one plus 60credits from level two?
If so then that is what I did. However some degrees/pathways are set up a little different and some combinations of level 1 and level 2 modules cannot be taken together. For example taking level 1 and level two of a language as you need to have the level one stuff done first before moving on to level 2 if you get me.

What degree/modules is it that you wish to do together?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
I’m a little confused as to what you mean.

Do you mean you have done 60 credits at level one and this year you wish to do the remaining 60credits from level one plus 60credits from level two?
If so then that is what I did. However some degrees/pathways are set up a little different and some combinations of level 1 and level 2 modules cannot be taken together. For example taking level 1 and level two of a language as you need to have the level one stuff done first before moving on to level 2 if you get me.

What degree/modules is it that you wish to do together?
Helloo sorry ok so
Business management and marketing
Stage 1 120 credits (have only completed 60 credits)
Stage 2 120 credits
Stage 3 120 credits

Basically I have done part time for the first year and now I’m considering going full time. But because I’ve only done half of stage 1 and not all of it was wanting to know if it is doable at all to finish the rest of stage 1 and fully complete stage 2 for my second year by going full time . That will still be 120 credits .
Does that make sense?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Helloo sorry ok so
Business management and marketing
Stage 1 120 credits (have only completed 60 credits)
Stage 2 120 credits
Stage 3 120 credits

Basically I have done part time for the first year and now I’m considering going full time. But because I’ve only done half of stage 1 and not all of it was wanting to know if it is doable at all to finish the rest of stage 1 and fully complete stage 2 for my second year by going full time . That will still be 120 credits .
Does that make sense?
So you’ve done B100 (did you start last October or in February?)
And then this year you’re wanting to do 60 credits of a level one plus B207?

You wouldn’t fully complete level 2 as that would be 180 credits…
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
So you’ve done B100 (did you start last October or in February?)
And then this year you’re wanting to do 60 credits of a level one plus B207?

You wouldn’t fully complete level 2 as that would be 180 credits…
October for b100 completed
Stage 1 total 60 credits
LB170
M140
Stage 2 60 credits
B207
Can I do that in one year ? Going full time ?
Yes then another 30 credits for stage 2 the following year along with 120 credits at stage 3 maybe?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you can do LB170, M140 and B207 in one year. They often have a consultation with you to ensure you are ready for full time study but there isn’t anything really stopping you. It’s a lot of work to do three modules at once but if you have the time and the commitment then it is achievable.

The following year you would have another 60 credits left of level 2 and you could do that along with 60 credits of level 3 but you couldn’t do it along with 120 level 3 credits.
Anonymous #1
Yes ok thankyou so much appreciate your time !
Anonymous #1
Is there anyway I can get details of each module in terms of content tma etc ?
Anonymous #1
Just to pre empt the large workload ahead
Anonymous #1
Sorry also what is recommended a full year 120 credits ?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anyway I can get details of each module in terms of content tma etc ?
If your modules have textbooks there are often people selling their old textbooks online if you want to get ahead.
If there are no textbooks then there isn’t much you can access before you’re registered on the module.
Tma content changes every year. If the modules have exams at the end there are past papers available in the OU shop.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry also what is recommended a full year 120 credits ?
I don’t know what you mean by this…?
Anonymous #1
How many credits is a full time year ?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many credits is a full time year ?
Anonymous #1
Ok, and I couldn’t do
Stage 1
Lb170 start in October and start m140 in February
And the. Stage 2 b207 begin in October or even February couldn’t stage it that way ?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
B207 doesn’t have a February start date so no, you couldn’t do it in February.
You’re unlikely to be allowed to do the m140 feb start as to do your level two along with your level ones you should be finishing them all together but they Might allow it, you would just have to enrol over the phone instead of online.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Interesting ok thankyou ! Been brilliant
Anonymous #1
And can I confirm that there is no financial support igiven to an full time ou student in-terms of maintenance loan ? Accept for the tuition fees through student finance
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And can I confirm that there is no financial support igiven to an full time ou student in-terms of maintenance loan ? Accept for the tuition fees through student finance
That will depend where you live?
Anonymous #1
B207 doesn’t have a February start date so no, you couldn’t do it in February.
Your unlikely to be allowed to do the m140 feb start as to do your level two along with your level ones you should be finishing them all together but they Might allow it, you would just have to enrol over the phone instead of online.
Is it just the number on the website ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed