donate? I've got near 100 books hun, that's £100 at least
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliciana)
donate? I've got near 100 books hun, that's £100 at least
The effort required to sell 100 books is fairly significant if you don’t have any commercial sales operation already.

Yea you could flog them and might get £100, but the effort involved for a fairly small amount of money id probably just donate them to one of those book drop off places or charity shop or something
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know anything about selling books, but as a buyer when I want to pick up a cheap secondhand book I go to the Amazon Marketplace and eBay.
aliciana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
The effort required to sell 100 books is fairly significant if you don’t have any commercial sales operation already.

Yea you could flog them and might get £100, but the effort involved for a fairly small amount of money id probably just donate them to one of those book drop off places or charity shop or something
you got to be joking, I've already sold one online today like1 min after putting it up, and I've sold a bunch of others to book sites, but they are picky and didn't want all my books.
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are some websites that'll buy them off you (musicMagpie and webuybooks for example) but no guarantee how much you'll get for them or if they'll even want them all. It's fairly hassle-free though, you can download an app to scan the barcodes to get a value and then just post them away.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you got to be joking, I've already sold one online today like1 min after putting it up, and I've sold a bunch of others to book sites, but they are picky and didn't want all my books.
Yea but you have to advertise the book, handle delivery all for a pound & even with all of them roughly £100 by all means go for it. Just saying what I would do.
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)

Also I second this, going to all the hassle of photographing, adding a description, packing individually, posting them etc seems like a lot of hassle to go to for the sake of £1. But if you've got a lot of time on your hands wire in.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Secondhand books are virtually worthless sadly. If you go in to any Oxfam bookshop you will likely find most of the books you have paid full price for, which they have picked up as a donation. When you try to sell books at secondhand bookshops you will find they are hardly interested. Only older, or for some reason quirky items, will get any interest. It’s a strange market
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try local facebook marketplaces or gumtree etc.

If you have multiple books maybe by same author, series or that fit a theme it may save you some time to try selling them as a batch (like 5 books for 5/4 pound or something).
AnActor184
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ziffit and they decide the value they’ll pay you so you’ll probably get more than £1 each!
aliciana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bex285)
Also I second this, going to all the hassle of photographing, adding a description, packing individually, posting them etc seems like a lot of hassle to go to for the sake of £1. But if you've got a lot of time on your hands wire in.
hun I sold a chunk of books no photographing, no descriptions, no packing individually. just entering isbn and then stick them all in a box for their courier to pick up. But they didn't want all my books so the others I need to get rid of one way or another
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hun I sold a chunk of books no photographing, no descriptions, no packing individually. just entering isbn and then stick them all in a box for their courier to pick up. But they didn't want all my books so the others I need to get rid of one way or another
Congrats hun but if they didn’t want those ones I think your option for them would be to sell individually and for that you’d need to photograph, describe and pack individually 😂
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where can I sell them? It's mostly literature and fiction
Carboot sale
Facebook marketplace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads