The Student Room Group

Girls, give me your opinion (I'm a guy)

I met a girl online in May. We met on a website, a chatroom with webcams. We talked for a few hours and we ended up exchanging numbers (whatsapp).

She sent me a few texts the next day asking me how I am and how's my life etc. I sent her pics of myself, my flat, my dog, what I was doing etc.

She seemed very happy and told me that she wants to speak to me again that night. We chatted like that for a few weeks (talking about our lives and stuff, videocalled, etc) and it was great.

Then he went quiet. I did not want to interfere with her life so I did not msg her. She was on and offline quite a bit though, she was active on WA.

After a few weeks of not talking, she send me a text again about a book we were talking about the previous weeks. Basically picked up where we had left of. I went along, we talked again, exchanged pics again, etc and I didn't tell her anything nor did she mentioned anything.

The following morning she sent me a text asking me whether I am going to visit her. I told her I don't know because she hadnt' written anything to me for weeks so I assumed he wasn't interested. She said she was busy (lie, I saw her off and on countless times...) and couldn't talk to me. I left it there.

She's not interested, right? am I needy for expecting someone to think about me once in a few days? (I don't wanna daily communication either) I thought about her all day long these weeks so she clearly doesn't feel better. I avoided texting her cos I didn't want her to feel suffocated and wanted to give her space. I didn't expect she wouldn't write anything for almost a month...
Reply 1
... nvm actually now that I'm reading what I wrote, I'm a loser. Sry about the typos too ... (meant to write 'she' instead of 'he' in the 4th paragraph and 'the same' instead of 'better' in the last paragraph)
Reply 2
But I can't stop thinking of her, we talked so much about our lives, why would you do that if you don't want to keep contact with someone? and why would you ask me whether I'd visit you? is that some kind of a mind game I am not understanding?
Yeah she seems like she isn't overly interested in that sense but that doesn't been it's you. I think that it's hard to make and maintain any forms of relationships online so try not to get your hopes up to much cos then you can get hurt. But don't worry about her! It's her losst c:
Original post by Anonymous
... nvm actually now that I'm reading what I wrote, I'm a loser. Sry about the typos too ... (meant to write 'she' instead of 'he' in the 4th paragraph and 'the same' instead of 'better' in the last paragraph)

You’re not a loser? But tbh, she doesn’t seem that genuine - you haven’t even met her in person, and she seems like a flake online she’s not going to suddenly change and become a 10/10 amazing person and s/o - I mean would you want to be in a relationship with someone like that?

You deserve better
Btw someone can be busy and still go online sometimes. So it's not necesarily a lie. Maybe she just felt too busy to reply to messages properly. And she was online just scrolling.
Reply 6
We weren't talking about troubles really, just our lives, she showed me her life in a way and I showed her mine. We talked about our families, pets, friends, etc. Just normal stuff I guess.

I am, yes, I really like her...

wdym be more assertive tho?

I understand why you'd think I lack self-respect and dignity...
Reply 7
Original post by sunshine774
Btw someone can be busy and still go online sometimes. So it's not necesarily a lie. Maybe she just felt too busy to reply to messages properly. And she was online just scrolling.

I did not ask her anything to reply to so I wasn't expecting a reply really.

But she tells me she was thinking about me when she hadn't written a word for 3 weeks- 3 weeks and I saw her on and offline constantly on WA during that time... what am I supposed to think? that she thought about me for weeks but didn't have enough time write me a few words?
I did not ask her anything to reply to so I wasn't expecting a reply really.

But she tells me she was thinking about me when she hadn't written a word for 3 weeks- 3 weeks and I saw her on and offline constantly on WA during that time... what am I supposed to think? that she thought about me for weeks but didn't have enough time write me a few words?

Why don't you just speak to her directly and find out if she is actually interested in you or not? Literally ask her and explain how you are feeling.

People on TSR can only speculate
Reply 9
@sunshine774 it sounds like a forced thing at this point so I'm gonna give up, just delete her and do something else with myself.

Thanks for your contributions guys... , @Maykulka @hannahbbk134 it helps just to write things down...
I met a girl online in May. We met on a website, a chatroom with webcams. We talked for a few hours and we ended up exchanging numbers (whatsapp).

She sent me a few texts the next day asking me how I am and how's my life etc. I sent her pics of myself, my flat, my dog, what I was doing etc.

She seemed very happy and told me that she wants to speak to me again that night. We chatted like that for a few weeks (talking about our lives and stuff, videocalled, etc) and it was great.

Then he went quiet. I did not want to interfere with her life so I did not msg her. She was on and offline quite a bit though, she was active on WA.

After a few weeks of not talking, she send me a text again about a book we were talking about the previous weeks. Basically picked up where we had left of. I went along, we talked again, exchanged pics again, etc and I didn't tell her anything nor did she mentioned anything.

The following morning she sent me a text asking me whether I am going to visit her. I told her I don't know because she hadnt' written anything to me for weeks so I assumed he wasn't interested. She said she was busy (lie, I saw her off and on countless times...) and couldn't talk to me. I left it there.

She's not interested, right? am I needy for expecting someone to think about me once in a few days? (I don't wanna daily communication either) I thought about her all day long these weeks so she clearly doesn't feel better. I avoided texting her cos I didn't want her to feel suffocated and wanted to give her space. I didn't expect she wouldn't write anything for almost a month...

Did she ignore your messages or did she just not message first? If the latter then she may have also thought you weren't interested.
@sunshine774 it sounds like a forced thing at this point so I'm gonna give up, just delete her and do something else with myself.

Thanks for your contributions guys... @Final Fantasy, @Maykulka @hannahbbk134 it helps just to write things down...

It's good to get a second opinion c:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending