OliviaTD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi.. I really need some advice on what to do with my student finance. I am going into third year of university and I have lived in halls and a student house for both previous years of uni so have received I high student loan as I am not living with parents. However for my third year I shall be moving in with my boyfriend but he doesn’t get his house until end of August. Is there anything I need to change with student finance as I still won’t be living at home but won’t have any previous bank statements yet to prove I shall be paying rent with him. So don’t want to get in trouble of affect me getting my full loan? Will this be an issue and if so what shall I do to go about resolving this so I don’t get in any trouble. Help would be massively appreciated!!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OliviaTD)
Hi.. I really need some advice on what to do with my student finance. I am going into third year of university and I have lived in halls and a student house for both previous years of uni so have received I high student loan as I am not living with parents. However for my third year I shall be moving in with my boyfriend but he doesn’t get his house until end of August. Is there anything I need to change with student finance as I still won’t be living at home but won’t have any previous bank statements yet to prove I shall be paying rent with him. So don’t want to get in trouble of affect me getting my full loan? Will this be an issue and if so what shall I do to go about resolving this so I don’t get in any trouble. Help would be massively appreciated!!!!
You don’t need proof of a contract when you apply. Just make sure that you have some proof of residence (usually that would be bills or bank statements in your name at that address) when you do move in and your contract at that point too.

SFE audit living arrangements during term time and the selection of who gets audited is random so you might not be asked for the proof - but it’s worth making sure you have it just in case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads