ShannonFlorida90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have any idea what the summer holidays are for Adult Nursing John Moore, I am starting in Jan 2022
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ShannonFlorida90)
Does anyone have any idea what the summer holidays are for Adult Nursing John Moore, I am starting in Jan 2022
@Emily_B any further advise as you'll probably know how english university system work for this more than myself as I'm only use to September intake's.

You won't get holidays like schools/colleges as student nurse.

Your holidays are generally at end if each trimester / semester. You'll only get 6 weeks over the whole academic year.
If you started say in September then your holidays would be :- 2 weeks Xmas/New Year, then around 10 days at Easter ( universities finishes week later than schools/colleges), week to 10 days at end of August prior to starting next academic year in September. You'll get time of for exams preparation, plus reading weeks.

You'll have better idea once you start in January as you'll get your timetable.

A NHS dual adult nurse and midwife x
Last edited by Allyson2020; 1 month ago
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ShannonFlorida90)
Hi! I didn't train at LJMU, but work with people who did.
To add to what Allyson's said, September intakes in England are pretty much the same as Scotland (ie Christmas/new year off, then Easter off and 2 weeks over summer). Jan/Feb/March intakes are basically offset versions of the September intakes in that you go out on placement a similar amount of time after starting theory, but your holidays are the same ie a couple of weeks at Christmas, Easter and over the summer. You basically will get a couple of weeks at some point, probably August, rather than 2-3 months off. When that ends up being varies from year to year

(Original post by Allyson2020)
@Emily_B any further advise as you'll probably know how english university system work for this more than myself as I'm only use to September intake's.

You won't get holidays like schools/colleges as student nurse.

Your holidays are generally at end if each trimester / semester. You'll only get 6 weeks over the whole academic year.
If you started say in September then your holidays would be :- 2 weeks Xmas/New Year, then around 10 days at Easter ( universities finishes week later than schools/colleges), week to 10 days at end of August prior to starting next academic year in September. You'll get time of for exams preparation, plus reading weeks.

You'll have better idea once you start in January as you'll get your timetable.

A NHS dual adult nurse and midwife x
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Hi! I didn't train at LJMU, but work with people who did.
To add to what Allyson's said, September intakes in England are pretty much the same as Scotland (ie Christmas/new year off, then Easter off and 2 weeks over summer). Jan/Feb/March intakes are basically offset versions of the September intakes in that you go out on placement a similar amount of time after starting theory, but your holidays are the same ie a couple of weeks at Christmas, Easter and over the summer. You basically will get a couple of weeks at some point, probably August, rather than 2-3 months off. When that ends up being varies from year to year
Thanks Emily for sort of clearing this up for me as I sort of understand how things with a January intake works in England.
There's only a handful of courses at certain universities up here that take a January intake for courses as they now started a Masters course for midwifing which is for January intake which is 3 years course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed