Does she like me or not?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
About 2 months ago I matched with this girl on Tinder, we started messaging and things progressed to exchanging numbers and texting. I was getting a vibe she likes me and a few days ago we were talking about past relationships and future relationships and she said to me “Well, I mean I enjoy speaking to you but I'm not thinking into it. We'll keep chatting and if something happens it happens. I just take things as they come now” WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!

Additionally, I’d describe myself as a joker. Someone who likes making jokes and sarcastic comments. People have said I remind them of Chandler from Friends. Anyway she said she doesn’t find him funny and yesterday I made a little tiny joke, I wasn’t even expecting a reaction and her reply was “keep your jokes to yourself, I’ll just get annoyed by them.”
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my best guess is that she’s a go with the flow type of girl, just as she says.

she doesn’t like jokers it seems but instead someone that is serious. I don’t think you’re both compatible just from that. Move on.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She sounds like a waste of time. Cut all contact and move on.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For the first part, it probably means she's not particularly angling towards a serious relationship with you or towards a casual thing - she just wants to keep talking to you, not label yourselves, and play it by ear.

The second part's a bit more worrying. You might not be compatible if you like joking around and it just irritates her. Anyway, I bet there are plenty of girls out there who will dig your sense of humour
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
For the first part, it probably means she's not particularly angling towards a serious relationship with you or towards a casual thing - she just wants to keep talking to you, not label yourselves, and play it by ear.

The second part's a bit more worrying. You might not be compatible if you like joking around and it just irritates her. Anyway, I bet there are plenty of girls out there who will dig your sense of humour
I'm just unsure of what to do, we have carried on talking and last night she said to me "I like you and find you attractive....just not when you're making stupid jokes"
I've always been a joker and like making people laugh so I'm not sure where to go from here. My last girlfriend tried to change me into someone I am not and I was miserable for months before I plucked up the courage to end things and I am not prepared to go through that again.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm just unsure of what to do, we have carried on talking and last night she said to me "I like you and find you attractive....just not when you're making stupid jokes"
I've always been a joker and like making people laugh so I'm not sure where to go from here. My last girlfriend tried to change me into someone I am not and I was miserable for months before I plucked up the courage to end things and I am not prepared to go through that again.
Personally, I think I'd go somewhere else. Like I said there are plenty of people out there that you'll be more compatible with.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pretty pointless trying to pursue a girl that doesn't like your personality lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Personally, I think I'd go somewhere else. Like I said there are plenty of people out there that you'll be more compatible with.
Well she seems to have gone a bit quiet on me today. I commented on something that had happened this morning whilst I was in the gym, I wasn’t even attempting to make a joke, and she said “you’ve come out with a one liner again” I just replied saying I genuinely didn’t intend to and she’s not replied since. I wasn’t being nasty I just said for once I was being serious.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well she seems to have gone a bit quiet on me today. I commented on something that had happened this morning whilst I was in the gym, I wasn’t even attempting to make a joke, and she said “you’ve come out with a one liner again” I just replied saying I genuinely didn’t intend to and she’s not replied since. I wasn’t being nasty I just said for once I was being serious.

If you’re known to make jokes, you might want to consider not doing it like every single time because that can get annoying I’d imagine.

but I feel like she’s having problems with you. If she goes hours on end airing you, it’s time to just call it quits and move on. That’s dating for you man.
tierny3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She doesnt like you mate. If she did, she would make it slyly obvious, this is a cop out
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tierny3)
She doesnt like you mate. If she did, she would make it slyly obvious, this is a cop out
Well i now know she doesn’t like me. Last week I asked her if she was free either Saturday or Sunday just gone. She said she wasn’t but then mentioned she’s free next week so I asked her if she wants to meet up next week and she said yes she’d like to. Today I messaged her asking if she’d still like to meet up and her response was “I hope so but I've not been feeling myself lately or for a while for that matter so I can't agree to anything. I want to feel better and look better before meeting up.”

That to me just sounds like a cop out, I’d rather she just admitted she doesn’t like me a few weeks ago and I wouldn’t have kept on pursuing her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads