How to Prioritize, Pursue Goals, and Focus When You Have Many Interests?

Watch
hangulmaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been having a chronic problem for years With being able to organise my interest and the focus and prioritise on them.
I am constantly writing down far too many things that are on achievable and then end up never doing them because I get so stressed that if I sit down to read about one thing I deny my chance of doing anything else If that makes sense.
But at the same time as learning about my Career I feel desperate need to learn other skills that are beneficial to Job and entrepreneurial pursuits.
And I just don’t know what to do. I’m constantly blurring through the day jumping from one thing to the other, and it’s making me feel absolutely terrible about myself and extremely anxious

What can I do?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Take a deep breath, and write down everything you want to do. Then prioritise your things into two lists, one for what you want to do most, and the other for what you need most. Then assign hours to each thing, it may be that some things might not be as important so they get less/no hours at all. Don't think of sitting and doing one thing as denying your other chances, think of it as opening new opportunities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.5%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.75%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
27.5%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.5%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.75%

Watched Threads