beckymcce
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, I am starting a SCITT in September and have not been given a reading list for my PGCE assignments. I really want to try and read key texts in advance. Are there any key education theorists/articles/books I should be looking at?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beckymcce)
Hi all, I am starting a SCITT in September and have not been given a reading list for my PGCE assignments. I really want to try and read key texts in advance. Are there any key education theorists/articles/books I should be looking at?
PGCE assignments (in general) don't really work this way. Often they won't be generalist assignments but specific to your own practice- so reading in advance won't necessarily get you ahead of the game.

There are lots of books out there about teaching more generally which may be useful to read, but I wouldn't look at it as getting ahead on your assignments.
beckymcce
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
PGCE assignments (in general) don't really work this way. Often they won't be generalist assignments but specific to your own practice- so reading in advance won't necessarily get you ahead of the game.

There are lots of books out there about teaching more generally which may be useful to read, but I wouldn't look at it as getting ahead on your assignments.
Ah okay, thank you. I didn't realise it was structured like that!
eternalstudent21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure what your age group is but newcastle has this reading list for pgce primary:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/study-wit...ssential-pgce/

I assume there are other reading lists but I haven't looked for them.
beckymcce
Rep:
?
(Original post by eternalstudent21)
Not sure what your age group is but newcastle has this reading list for pgce primary:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/study-wit...ssential-pgce/

I assume there are other reading lists but I haven't looked for them
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads