purple_rat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I went to a private school for primary school, and went to a public secondary school.
Things were going pretty well. I could handle a larger school, my grades were good etc.
Then, I started to get bullied. It started with a small group of “popular” kids and it grew so everyone in the year group hated me. Even the kids who didn’t know me hated me.
I found myself a good set of friends though so that’s okay.
By now it’s the end of Year 8… and there’s no way past this bullying. It’ll probably continue next year in year 9.

Here’s the big question: should i move schools? If i did move school, i would have to go to a private school (because all the other public schools out here are bad schools).
I don’t rlly like sports so there’s no reason for me to go to a private school with big sports grounds/opportunities.
Like i said before, i was handling the environment of a public school fine. The bullying is just so much to deal with and I’m sick of it.
Honestly i don’t really wanna go to a private school… but i want the bullying to stop.
Plus, universities like high achievers from public schools more than private school students. I know i shouldn’t be thinking of uni right now but i have to because i only have one chance to move. Also if i go to a private school my parents will be able to afford it, but we will just have to cut down on leisure activities and stuff such as holidays.

So this leads me to my question. Is moving school worth it?
I would love some advice and opinions.
Thank you!
Glemon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to report it, don't let the bullies get the better of you.
purple_rat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Glemon)
You need to report it, don't let the bullies get the better of you.
Thanks for the advice. I have reported it, but there’s nothing the school can really do when the majority of the students bully me.
Glemon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by purple_rat)
Thanks for the advice. I have reported it, but there’s nothing the school can really do when the majority of the students bully me.
That sucks
Isla Duncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by purple_rat)
So I went to a private school for primary school, and went to a public secondary school.
Things were going pretty well. I could handle a larger school, my grades were good etc.
Then, I started to get bullied. It started with a small group of “popular” kids and it grew so everyone in the year group hated me. Even the kids who didn’t know me hated me.
I found myself a good set of friends though so that’s okay.
By now it’s the end of Year 8… and there’s no way past this bullying. It’ll probably continue next year in year 9.

Here’s the big question: should i move schools? If i did move school, i would have to go to a private school (because all the other public schools out here are bad schools).
I don’t rlly like sports so there’s no reason for me to go to a private school with big sports grounds/opportunities.
Like i said before, i was handling the environment of a public school fine. The bullying is just so much to deal with and I’m sick of it.
Honestly i don’t really wanna go to a private school… but i want the bullying to stop.
Plus, universities like high achievers from public schools more than private school students. I know i shouldn’t be thinking of uni right now but i have to because i only have one chance to move. Also if i go to a private school my parents will be able to afford it, but we will just have to cut down on leisure activities and stuff such as holidays.

So this leads me to my question. Is moving school worth it?
I would love some advice and opinions.
Thank you!
I put up with bullying from yr7 to 11 and moved to a different school for my alevels and its the best decision ive ever made. Im so much less miserable
Glemon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Isla Duncan)
I put up with bullying from yr7 to 11 and moved to a different school for my alevels and its the best decision ive ever made. Im so much less miserable
I agree if you can't stop it then why put yourself through it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads