A.B72
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I really want to study dentistry at uni since forever. I'm in year 12 right now. There have been loads of things on the news saying dentistry will be really competitive for 2022 entry and I'm studying for the Ucat which is a new stress in itself because my scores suck and they're not getting better. I really want to get in but don't think it's going to happen and it's giving me anxiety because it's all I've ever wanted but I don't think I'm good enough especially with the heightened competition factor. I don't want to give up but I need to know if anyone thinks it worth applying if I think I'll get all four rejections
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, somebody has to get in, right :hugs:I'm assuming you're doing the right A levels and are on track for the grades you need. I can't really comment on your overall likelihood of getting in without knowing all your stats and you actually having your UCAT - you don't know what it will be like yet?

I'm not going to sugarcoat the fact that dental admissions are hard and some people don't get in. But if dentistry is your dream and you can get the A level grades, I don't see that as a reason to give up - it's a reason to be realistic, have a plan B, work hard on your UCAT and exams, sure, but not a reason not to apply at all.

Even if your UCAT doesn't go well there may still be options depending on your other stats, or you could take a gap year and apply having got your A levels - less stress and many people do better second time around. There's a big UCAT thread here that can help, too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post95585787

Have you got anyone at home or school you can speak to about how anxious you feel or who can support you through the process? Applications only get more stressful from now on I'm afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.1%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.93%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (30)
25.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.54%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
5.93%

Watched Threads