Is it immature to get annoyed at my friend not replying

Watch
Rdog21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
One of my friends is really bad at replying and it really annoys me. We’re both 19 and I work, he doesn’t, and yet he takes multiple working days to reply. It really annoys me because it’s difficult to have a conversation when in waiting days for a reply.

It gets extra annoying at times like this week where we agreed to meet up, but we ended up missing it because I messaged him Monday asking to meet Wednesday and he didn’t reply until Thursday.

On one hand it’s really annoying but at the same time I feel silly because I’m 19 and complaining about not getting a text back from a friend like I’m in Yr7 lol!
sarahjanesmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rdog21)
One of my friends is really bad at replying and it really annoys me. We’re both 19 and I work, he doesn’t, and yet he takes multiple working days to reply. It really annoys me because it’s difficult to have a conversation when in waiting days for a reply.

It gets extra annoying at times like this week where we agreed to meet up, but we ended up missing it because I messaged him Monday asking to meet Wednesday and he didn’t reply until Thursday.

On one hand it’s really annoying but at the same time I feel silly because I’m 19 and complaining about not getting a text back from a friend like I’m in Yr7 lol!
maybe hes just busy or hes not interested..has he ever shown you he's not interested or if he's busy?
username5809044
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rdog21)

I get really piss/// off in ur place ,i hate such ppl who have the time and pretend not having the time

1* talk to him abt it and know why

2 * idf its reasonable accept ,if not block him and move on
Rdog21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sarahjanesmith)
maybe hes just busy or hes not interested..has he ever shown you he's not interested or if he's busy?
That’s the annoying part, he’s the one who instigates the conversation. I didn’t talk to him for a while because of work, he messaged me and asked to meet up, but then he takes ages to reply etc. So it’s not even like I’m just not getting the hint that he doesn’t t wanna talk to me, just very mixed signals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.11%
I need help researching courses (3)
8.11%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.11%
I need help with my personal statement (18)
48.65%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
18.92%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.7%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.41%

Watched Threads