Skincare - Mosquito bite scars

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Helllooooooo,

I've been suffering from mosquito bite scars for over 12 years and I've been wondering if there was anyone else with this problem (or resolved this problem) that has a remedy for this. I've heard quite a few things now like using bleaching creams, vitamin c, retin A, black body soap, homemade remedies, glycolic acids etc. Its a lot variations and I am anxious about buying a bunch of fancy skincare products as a student so i'm worried about products that may not work.

If anyone doesn't know why im fussing over this topic its just because these mosquito bite scars are very dark and prominent so when you have a large amount on your legs, its very embarrassing to go out in public. Any outfit revealing the scars is not an option. As a girl its not about being embarrassed around guys (if that's the impression), it's also embarrassing around women and for any girl student it's a huge pain if you cannot wear whatever you want because despite the weather. I have had these since I was 7 and I cannot express the shame it gives me.

If anyone at all has been successful in treating this, please share what you did. I know someone is out there
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Helllooooooo,

I've been suffering from mosquito bite scars for over 12 years and I've been wondering if there was anyone else with this problem (or resolved this problem) that has a remedy for this. I've heard quite a few things now like using bleaching creams, vitamin c, retin A, black body soap, homemade remedies, glycolic acids etc. Its a lot variations and I am anxious about buying a bunch of fancy skincare products as a student so i'm worried about products that may not work.

If anyone doesn't know why im fussing over this topic its just because these mosquito bite scars are very dark and prominent so when you have a large amount on your legs, its very embarrassing to go out in public. Any outfit revealing the scars is not an option. As a girl its not about being embarrassed around guys (if that's the impression), it's also embarrassing around women and for any girl student it's a huge pain if you cannot wear whatever you want because despite the weather. I have had these since I was 7 and I cannot express the shame it gives me.

If anyone at all has been successful in treating this, please share what you did. I know someone is out there
i do not believe you can get scars from mosquito bites.

icepick scars can't really be removed so you have to learn to live with them
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i do not believe you can get scars from mosquito bites.

icepick scars can't really be removed so you have to learn to live with them
That's very ignorant but no..I JUST told you I have mosquito bite scars. There's no guessing game on what I have and it's not about whether you believe it's possible. It's happened. You don't have to be a dermatologist to know that it's very hard to make a deduction on what skin problem a person has without seeing it but you are very confident to tell me what I've been suffering from for 12 years. I'm not trying to convince you that you can get scars from mosquito bites, you probably never thought about this topic before coming across this thread. You must think very highly of yourself to say this after reading the post but all I can tell you is that it's not icepick scars. You're miles off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads