The Student Room Group

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Poll

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Throughout this pandemic, we've been asking what factors have been affecting your mental health most. You can see the results of the first poll in April 2020 and the second one from April 2021 here.

Both times we've asked previously, we've been in the midst of a lockdown, so we wanted to see how things are feeling now that restrictions have eased so much, and we're now in the swing of summer holidays.

So, how's your mental health?

Have restrictions easing impacted it positively or negatively?

Are there new pressures now which may not have existed before?

Do you feel there's enough support available to support young people struggling with their mental health right now?

If you're heading to a new school, college or uni next year, do you know enough about how to get support with your mental health?

If you'd like some support during this time, there's help available at Samaritans, Student Space and Papyrus.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm trying to get motivated to practise music but I literally have zero motivation to do anything it's so annoying
There is never and has never been enough support for young people suffering from mental health issues.

As it happens I have been talking to GP practice managers regarding the mental health offerings in their area and it is the same story every time. They don't have the resources to deal with it, not before the pandemic and especially not now. Even charities like Mind are yet to resume offering face to face services in GP surgeries.

The change in restriction has made little difference to me, masks are very much still a thing in my line of work and daily life. It just means the roads are busier.
This is a very good point! Out of interest, where are you still in lockdown? Is it like a full one or where some restrictions have eased (just not as much as England). From your perspective, do you think still being in lockdown is having a positive or negative impact on people's mental health?
Lockdown easing I think is good but it is making me feel quite anxious especially since less social distancing and people are wearing masks less. I'll definitely be continuing with the mask wearing inside indoor public places as it seems like a simple precaution.
I don't really go out that often though anyway atm, as in my family we're still taking all precautions (shielding I guess if it has to have a name), as my nan is receiving end of life care for cancer and if we visit her we need a covid test so none of us can't risk getting covid at this point or we won't be able to see her.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd definitely say lack of purpose or motivation. Everything just seems so pointless/hopeless.
Original post by BlinkyBill
Throughout this pandemic, we've been asking what factors have been affecting your mental health most. You can see the results of the first poll in April 2020 and the second one from April 2021 here.

Both times we've asked previously, we've been in the midst of a lockdown, so we wanted to see how things are feeling now that restrictions have eased so much, and we're now in the swing of summer holidays.

So, how's your mental health?

Have restrictions easing impacted it positively or negatively?

Are there new pressures now which may not have existed before?

Do you feel there's enough support available to support young people struggling with their mental health right now?

If you're heading to a new school, college or uni next year, do you know enough about how to get support with your mental health?

If you'd like some support during this time, there's help available at Samaritans, Student Space and Papyrus.

I chose negative news, lack of support and lack of motivation/purpose. I guess my life was previously in a sort of limbo waiting on my degree to get a grad job but it feels even more in limbo right now for some reason. I feel like I'm getting older but not progressing or I don't have anything to show for it.
Ah yeah I know what you mean now. I was actually there last week and found it quite nice still being distanced because I've found it pretty hectic with restrictions easing here. But I'm so sorry to hear it's been so tough to get support from NHS Wales. I really hope that changes soon. :frown:
none of the above - it's the worry of having to isolate. freedom is amazing, but it comes at such a high risk. :frown:
Original post by Chronoscope
Lockdown easing I think is good but it is making me feel quite anxious especially since less social distancing and people are wearing masks less. I'll definitely be continuing with the mask wearing inside indoor public places as it seems like a simple precaution.
I don't really go out that often though anyway atm, as in my family we're still taking all precautions (shielding I guess if it has to have a name), as my nan is receiving end of life care for cancer and if we visit her we need a covid test so none of us can't risk getting covid at this point or we won't be able to see her.

i thought i would too - but i think you just have to get into the swing of it and get used to what everything is like. i am still wary of people who are coughing and still wear a mask indoors too :yep:

sorry to hear about your nan, i am sending you well wishes. :smile:
Well at now I can say I feel lost. I do not know what the future holds since the pandemic started. I am always really anxious. So I can say my mental health is quite unstable.

Quick Reply

Latest