The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship Post-A-Levels

Does anyone know where I can find any apprenticeships (with training) with Biology, Chemistry and Maths as A-Levels? Thank you for any replies.
Original post by Okayn
Does anyone know where I can find any apprenticeships (with training) with Biology, Chemistry and Maths as A-Levels? Thank you for any replies.

Hi there - What sort of apprenticeship do you want to do? I'm sure many would accept you with those A levels. Do you want to do IT, chemistry or science. Most of the big companies seem to offer them ranging from banks to major drug companies. My daughter studied similar A levels and is starting an IT apprenticeship. But I'm sure there's lots of avenues you could take
Reply 2
Original post by domesticengineer
Hi there - What sort of apprenticeship do you want to do? I'm sure many would accept you with those A levels. Do you want to do IT, chemistry or science. Most of the big companies seem to offer them ranging from banks to major drug companies. My daughter studied similar A levels and is starting an IT apprenticeship. But I'm sure there's lots of avenues you could take

I want to do something related to biology or chemistry or the medicine/healthcare sector. Thank you for replying.
Original post by Okayn
I want to do something related to biology or chemistry or the medicine/healthcare sector. Thank you for replying.

I think your A levels sound perfect for that! Check out companies like Glaxo Smithkline, Astra Zeneca etc. UCAS has apprenticeships on it's site as well as not going to uni website - keep on checking and apply for those you are interested in. Many seem to advertise from January onwards for a September start. Good luck
Original post by Okayn

Cogent skills are the apprenticeship provider for a lot of healthcare companies in the U.K. I did a degree apprenticeship in medical device research and development (mechanical and bio engineering) through them.

They usually have a list of vacancies on their site.
https://www.cogentskills.com

I’d definitely recommend the healthcare industry for science and engineer roles. They put priority on the patient over cost, typically have really good employer benefits, and value a good work-life balance.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest