The Student Room Group

DWP Workcoach EO North/Mid Wales

Has anybody applied for this lot of recruitment for the work coach position? Applied in June, passed interview, checks etc. Application is now stuck on we are updating and haven’t heard anything since 12th July since DBS was completed.Has anyone else had any experience of this or going through it
Reply 1
Original post by Racheledwards93
Has anybody applied for this lot of recruitment for the work coach position? Applied in June, passed interview, checks etc. Application is now stuck on we are updating and haven’t heard anything since 12th July since DBS was completed.Has anyone else had any experience of this or going through it

Hi there, I’m going through the same situation and I’ve heard a couple more applicants having the same problem. Applied for North London. I called them and they said “just wait, once PECS are complete you’ll get an email”. Very frustrating...
It is isn’t it!! Feels like there is no end in sight at the moment & I’m seeing some people waiting up to 4 months to even have a reserve list email, don’t think I could physically wait that long before I’d get fed up. I was told by someone in DWP a few days ago that passing all of the checks doesn’t actually guarantee a formal offer & that it is purely down to if they can place you or not & even then that is done in merit order. Seems like a hopeless process
Reply 3
It is isn’t it!! Feels like there is no end in sight at the moment & I’m seeing some people waiting up to 4 months to even have a reserve list email, don’t think I could physically wait that long before I’d get fed up. I was told by someone in DWP a few days ago that passing all of the checks doesn’t actually guarantee a formal offer & that it is purely down to if they can place you or not & even then that is done in merit order. Seems like a hopeless process

Yeah, they should be upfront and at least send a reserve list email, not have us on radio silence. But, no, don’t depend on one job offer, especially when they explicitly state that there’s no guarantee of a formal offer. Keep on applying, there is quite a number of jobs on the Civil Service website.
Original post by Peny
Yeah, they should be upfront and at least send a reserve list email, not have us on radio silence. But, no, don’t depend on one job offer, especially when they explicitly state that there’s no guarantee of a formal offer. Keep on applying, there is quite a number of jobs on the Civil Service website.

How long ago did you pass everything? My last contact was 12th July and that was just to say feb dbs was cleared, it was 8th July before that that I had an actual communication!
Reply 5
How long ago did you pass everything? My last contact was 12th July and that was just to say feb dbs was cleared, it was 8th July before that that I had an actual communication!

About the same time as you. Got my DBS by post on the 15th of July. And no updates since then.
While I wish all of you the best, brush up on your German, there is always need for Work Coaches at the Federal Employment Agency :wink:.
Original post by Peny
About the same time as you. Got my DBS by post on the 15th of July. And no updates since then.

Yeah similar to me then, aghh guess we wait in anticipation now then

Quick Reply