kaaaaatttee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm discussing a book in my personal statement and it has two authors with really long names, if I wrote out their names once and then put their initials in a bracket after it e.g. Acemoglu & Robinson (A&R), could I then refer to them as A&R throughout the statement?
chlo_english
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaaaaatttee)
I'm discussing a book in my personal statement and it has two authors with really long names, if I wrote out their names once and then put their initials in a bracket after it e.g. Acemoglu & Robinson (A&R), could I then refer to them as A&R throughout the statement?
Hi! I think you could as long as you put the brackets? Theres no point wasting word count on a name youve already said, so id say so. Maybe when you go back to sixth form check with ur tutor on ur personal statement? Then you can make amendments accordingly (: Good luck with your personal statement
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaaaaatttee)
Why are you referring to them throughout the statement? That usually means you're using your PS to write a book review instead of talking about your personal reactions and interests in what you read.
chlo_english
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really??? books are super circulars and show depth and commitment to the subject; mind your business
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chlo_english)
Not really??? books are super circulars and show depth and commitment to the subject; mind your business
PQ probably knows a lot more than you if I'm honest. They're just trying to help, and I agree with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.84%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.74%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.42%

Watched Threads