Think I'm gonna fail a resit what to do

Watch
luke4628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I took CS103 as an elective and honestly have absolutely no clue what is going on, I study Maths at first year and think I'm gonna fail the resit. If I fail this resit, will I not be able to continue my studies at Strathclyde?
HousesInCork
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should reach out to your personal tutor/course leader asap about this. It's important they know you're struggling both so they can better support you and so that you two can talk through your concerns and what would happen in the event that you did fail.
How long do you have until the resit? There might still be time to turn things around!
Have you reached out to the module tutor/leader for help? They likely will have had students struggling with their module before and may be able to help you out with extra resources or give you an idea on the key areas to focus your revision on. They may even be able to reassure you that you're doing better than you think.
Also, do you have any friends/coursemates who've passed the module and that you could reach out to for help revising? It may be easier to grasp some concepts as explained by a peer versus an academic, for example.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by luke4628)
So I took CS103 as an elective and honestly have absolutely no clue what is going on, I study Maths at first year and think I'm gonna fail the resit. If I fail this resit, will I not be able to continue my studies at Strathclyde?
Hey luke4628 Sorry, I've just realised this thread! How are you feeling abut this now? When is the resit? Try not to panic and think of the worst case scenario! Focus on doing what you can to get you through the resit and take things from there.
100% agree with the above advice too, reach out to people that may be able to help. You can find your Academic Advisor's details on your Pegasus page so they can be your first point of contact, as well as your tutor or course leader for the class.

Please do drop me a PM if you need a hand with any of this! I can maybe point you in the right direction in terms of who to contact.
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads