M3b00
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have completed a budget sheet and wondered if any Ready students could take a look and let me know if it is realistic please?

I have looked at many online budgets and think I am somewhere in the ballpark but would appreciate a look over.
Attached files
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M3b00)
I have completed a budget sheet and wondered if any Ready students could take a look and let me know if it is realistic please?

I have looked at many online budgets and think I am somewhere in the ballpark but would appreciate a look over.
Hey,

Great to hear that you are getting prepared for uni

Reading uni has a page on budgeting and financial advice here - I would suggest having a look at this!

One thing I would say, is that you should always budget a little bit more than what you are expecting to spend; that way, you are prepared for everything that may come up. Also, the beginning of the academic year is always more expensive than the rest of the year due to having to buy books, go to freshers and sign up for societies etc, so make sure you budget a lot more for the beginning of the year compared to the rest.

I hope this helps you out! Good luck with the budgeting

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Holliemayy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, I've just finished my third year at reading and I'd say after rent and bills and tuition fees had been paid I was spending around £4500 a year. I think I was quite in the middle of people I know spending wise, ie. I would have occasional takeaways and go on nights out most weekends and have some luxuries but didn't go on any expensive holidays or buy lots of new clothes. one thing I did find was that the last few weeks before Christmas tended to be particularly expensive with presents and socials ect. The other thing that is worth baring in mind is that if you are planning on moving into private accomodation for seconds year you normally have to pay the deposit when you choose the house (which for me was the November before and it think it was about £600) and most contracts run July to June so you may find you have to make 3 months rent payments before you get your student loan for the next year. hope that's helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.46%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.13%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (66)
42.31%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (38)
24.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.69%

Watched Threads