what to put in a 'meal replacement' smoothie?

Watch
Articultr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i should state this isn't a diet/weight loss thing i'm not really looking to lose weight (well a little would be cool) but basically my diet atm is awful and i find myself skipping lunch most days due to not knowing what to make (i'm a very picky eater) i find it a lot easier to drink my calories than to eat them so i've started making smoothies for lunch. any advice on what to put in them to make them a balanced meal and a decent amount of calories? at the moment i use milk, a scoop of protein powder, some oats, a variety of fruit and usually a handful of spinach. is this enough or is there anything else i can add to make it more healthy/filling?
Isla Duncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Articultr)
i should state this isn't a diet/weight loss thing i'm not really looking to lose weight (well a little would be cool) but basically my diet atm is awful and i find myself skipping lunch most days due to not knowing what to make (i'm a very picky eater) i find it a lot easier to drink my calories than to eat them so i've started making smoothies for lunch. any advice on what to put in them to make them a balanced meal and a decent amount of calories? at the moment i use milk, a scoop of protein powder, some oats, a variety of fruit and usually a handful of spinach. is this enough or is there anything else i can add to make it more healthy/filling?
i mean that seems pretty good. Maybe some avocado and cucumber for fats and more fibre but what youre already doing seems pretty good
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can your blender cope with nuts?
Articultr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Isla Duncan)
i mean that seems pretty good. Maybe some avocado and cucumber for fats and more fibre but what youre already doing seems pretty good
avocado is a good shout thanks!
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would rather say that you don't need to do anything except make a routine of taking green tea after having lunch and dinner with daily walk after dinner..
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just don't put meat in it. I blended up a slice of thick bacon with a tonne of fruit thinking it would cover the taste, but the whole smoothie ended up tasting like mold.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try Huel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads