The Student Room Group

Mistake on Provisional License

My provisional license just arrived and I noticed that they wrote my title wrong! It should have been Miss and NOT Mrs. there's a lot of advice on the website about name changes etc etc. but I don't know what to do about the title. Is it necessary to get it changed or can I just do it when I get my real driving license made?
Reply 1
when you received your provisional you should have got a letter with it which talks about what to do if there is a mistake. Basically you have to send it back with the letter that they sent you. <3
Reply 2
Prepare for approximately 8 weeks of additional delays.
Original post by katiec04
when you received your provisional you should have got a letter with it which talks about what to do if there is a mistake. Basically you have to send it back with the letter that they sent you. <3

Yes, I got that I have to post it back to them. But how will they know that the mistake is with the title? should I enclose a letter stating it or...?
Original post by IWMTom
Prepare for approximately 8 weeks of additional delays.

8 Weeks more?!!!! This was already a long enough wait. Can I keep training while my license is being corrected? I did see something about you can keep driving if your license is being renewed or corrected but nothing about a provisional license...
Reply 5
Original post by Monkeyskulls
8 Weeks more?!!!! This was already a long enough wait. Can I keep training while my license is being corrected? I did see something about you can keep driving if your license is being renewed or corrected but nothing about a provisional license...

Yes, but for obvious reasons you cannot do a test (theory or practical).
Reply 6
Does it really make much of a difference having a vaguely wrong title? Unless theres something im forgetting just take it and go with the slightly annoying mistake, you might even get some fun jokes out of it.
My provisional license just arrived and I noticed that they wrote my title wrong! It should have been Miss and NOT Mrs. there's a lot of advice on the website about name changes etc etc. but I don't know what to do about the title. Is it necessary to get it changed or can I just do it when I get my real driving license made?

*licence
Original post by A Rolling Stone
*licence

Sorry, I used the American spelling...
Original post by IWMTom
Yes, but for obvious reasons you cannot do a test (theory or practical).

so when my licence comes back corrected will the licence number be different? I was thinking of booking my theory test, they don't require your title for it. The waiting list is long enough I could book it for sometime after 8 weeks... but the licence number has to remain the same for me to do that...
Reply 10
so when my licence comes back corrected will the licence number be different? I was thinking of booking my theory test, they don't require your title for it. The waiting list is long enough I could book it for sometime after 8 weeks... but the licence number has to remain the same for me to do that...

Nope. Only the issue number changes.

You need to get it fixed even if it's just the title. There should have been instructions sent to you about what to do in case of a mistake. But yeah, you'll probably gonna need to sent it back to them and wait for a new one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending