The Student Room Group

Exeter or Southampton?

Currently, I have been thinking about which university should I go to, and I have received offers from the two unis mentioned above through Clearing. I am planning to study Accounting and Finance. Which uni would u choose, and why?
Both are excellent unis. Only you can make this decision. What one person prefers another wont. Exeter is a lot smaller than Southampton. How do the courses compare. Which would you prefer. It is you that needs to decide as you are the person spending 3 years there not anybody else
Original post by sabrinaaaaf
Currently, I have been thinking about which university should I go to, and I have received offers from the two unis mentioned above through Clearing. I am planning to study Accounting and Finance. Which uni would u choose, and why?

Hi @sabrinaaaaf,

I completely agree with what other comments in the thread have said: this decision is completely up to you and all I can recommend that you do is research both courses and each university to decide what is right for you.

I'm only joining this thread in case you needed any help finding any accounting and finance course resources that the University of Southampton has avaliable. I don't study this course myself but I know a way for you to talk to students who do study Accounting and Finance... There is an 'ask a student' page where you can talk/ask questions/get opinions from real students studying the Accounting and Finance couse (link here) - I'd recommend this as the best way of finding out what students at southampton really think of the course :smile:

The University also has a couple of youtube vids which might be relevent to you and the course you're interested in. The first is a video giving advice on how to choose the right university (link here) and the other is a day in the life vlog from an actual Accounting and Finance student as he undergoes a placement (link here).

If you have any other questions about the course or general student life I would also highly recommend emailing [email protected], the team are excellent at providing quick email responses to any questions you might have about the course!

I hope that you find the above information useful whilst you research before deciding what university is right for you (which should come down to your decision and where you feel is right for you) - I wish you all the best in making that decision! :biggrin:

In the meantime, if you do have any questions about accommodation/student life etc at the University of Southampton feel free to ask me in this thread and I will do my best to answer them - alternatively you could also check out the University of Southampton's student room forum here if you want to see what others are asking/saying about the uni.

Anna
2nd Year English and History student

Quick Reply

Latest