The Student Room Group

EEE at university

Hi, I will be applying to university soon and I need some help with picking universities.
I was wondering if anyone studies EEE/engineering at these universities:
> Bristol
> Bath
> Edinburgh
> Imperial
> Southampton
> Cambridge

If anyone has studied there/is studying at the moment and has any opinions or would be willing to answer any questions I would be very grateful
Original post by A9806432
Hi, I will be applying to university soon and I need some help with picking universities.
I was wondering if anyone studies EEE/engineering at these universities:
> Bristol
> Bath
> Edinburgh
> Imperial
> Southampton
> Cambridge

If anyone has studied there/is studying at the moment and has any opinions or would be willing to answer any questions I would be very grateful

Hi @A9806432,

It's great to see that you're interested in studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Southampton as well as at some other great unis :biggrin:

I don't study this degree myself but I'm joining the thread to let you know that you can ask any questions you might have about the course to the wonderful team at [email protected] and they will be happy to answer!

As I can't tell you about the course myself I thought I'd point you in the direction of some resources created by the university which can give you an insight both into the course itself as well as student opinion on the course - I've embedded a link for Professor Michael Butler's (Dean of Engineering and Physical Sciences at uni of Southampton) talk about studying at the university here and have also included a link here to the university's 'ask our students' page where you can connect and ask questions/get opinions from people studying the EEE course currently.

Although I don't know about the course specifically I thought I'd give you a general overview of what studying at the university of Southampton might be like :smile:. The EEE course is taught on Highfield Campus, which is the best place to study as Highfield is the main university campus as it home to some wonderful social and study facilities. This includes multiple student bars and foodplaces which are perfect for meeting up with friends, a student-run cinema, a gym, the Nuffield Theatre and of course the Hartley library. Highfield campus is also home to SUSU, the university's student union - there are over 250 societies which are a part of this so there is something for everyone to enjoy (if you're interested in checking out the societies you can visit https://www.susu.org/)

Please let me know if you have any other questions that you might have either about Southampton (halls, campuses, student life etc) or about general uni life and I will do my best to answer them! Best of luck deciding which university and course is right for you, when are you planning on going to university?

Anna
2nd Year Student Ambassador
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @A9806432,

It's great to see that you're interested in studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Southampton as well as at some other great unis :biggrin:

I don't study this degree myself but I'm joining the thread to let you know that you can ask any questions you might have about the course to the wonderful team at [email protected] and they will be happy to answer!

As I can't tell you about the course myself I thought I'd point you in the direction of some resources created by the university which can give you an insight both into the course itself as well as student opinion on the course - I've embedded a link for Professor Michael Butler's (Dean of Engineering and Physical Sciences at uni of Southampton) talk about studying at the university here and have also included a link here to the university's 'ask our students' page where you can connect and ask questions/get opinions from people studying the EEE course currently.

Although I don't know about the course specifically I thought I'd give you a general overview of what studying at the university of Southampton might be like :smile:. The EEE course is taught on Highfield Campus, which is the best place to study as Highfield is the main university campus as it home to some wonderful social and study facilities. This includes multiple student bars and foodplaces which are perfect for meeting up with friends, a student-run cinema, a gym, the Nuffield Theatre and of course the Hartley library. Highfield campus is also home to SUSU, the university's student union - there are over 250 societies which are a part of this so there is something for everyone to enjoy (if you're interested in checking out the societies you can visit https://www.susu.org/)

Please let me know if you have any other questions that you might have either about Southampton (halls, campuses, student life etc) or about general uni life and I will do my best to answer them! Best of luck deciding which university and course is right for you, lanning on going to university?

Anna
2nd Year Student Ambassador

Hii am looking at EEE at Southampton. A bit down over losing imperial. As an international student that would hv mattered as an overall impression on my cv. Have heard v good things about UoS n hoping the course is as exciting. How r the placements? And general life at Southampton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending