grud
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
recently I have been quite worried about my final grade for economics. A uni offer is hinged on getting 3 As, and i'm quite confident about an A in my other subjects, but less so for economics. would love to be reassured on this, but basically my school published pieces of 'evidence' that can be used for our final grade. I haven't done great over the past year - I got 80% in short topic exams and homeworks, but did worse in major assessments. in our final exams I got 60 and 70%. I'm hoping 70% would be an A but I'm not sure about grade boundaries. So can anyone give me an blunt, honest answer about how likely it is I will get an A, taking past grade boundaries into account and my performance? I was predicted a B initially but got it moved up to an A, I doubt my teachers would lower it now but quite worried anyway. Thanks
Last edited by grud; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grud)
recently I have been quite worried about my final grade for economics. A uni offer is hinged on getting 3 As, and i'm quite confident about an A in my other subjects, but less so for economics. would love to be reassured on this, but basically my school published pieces of 'evidence' that can be used for our final grade. I haven't done great over the past year - I got 80% in short topic exams and homeworks, but did worse in major assessments. in our final exams I got 60 and 70%. I'm hoping 70% would be an A but I'm not sure about grade boundaries. So can anyone give me an blunt, honest answer about how likely it is I will get an A, taking past grade boundaries into account and my performance? I was predicted a B initially but got it moved up to an A, I doubt my teachers would lower it now but quite worried anyway. Thanks
CAGs weren't awarded on grade boundaries but grade profiles ... just be patient
grud
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
CAGs weren't awarded on grade boundaries but grade profiles ... just be patient
what is a grade profile?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grud)
what is a grade profile?
https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/up...-AS-Levels.pdf
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grud)
what is a grade profile?
See post #4 - further advice was also released to tteachers ..
grud
Rep:
?
See post #4 - further advice was also released to tteachers ..
thanks, but i don't really understand it fully. it seems similar to what our teachers said, that you have to meet certain criteria to get the grade... but it was never clear how consistently you would have to reach this criteria, and how many pieces of work would be submitted as evidence. any idea on that? I think the exam board was eduqas if that helps. i'm pretty confident that i reached each criteria at least once in my work, but maybe not all in the same piece of work, or not in too many pieces of work either...
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by grud)
thanks, but i don't really understand it fully. it seems similar to what our teachers said, that you have to meet certain criteria to get the grade... but it was never clear how consistently you would have to reach this criteria, and how many pieces of work would be submitted as evidence. any idea on that? I think the exam board was eduqas if that helps. i'm pretty confident that i reached each criteria at least once in my work, but maybe not all in the same piece of work, or not in too many pieces of work either...
I can't say what your school did - each school made its own decision.
grud
Rep:
?
I can't say what your school did - each school made its own decision.
ah ok. I thought there might be a consistent system that every school uses. guess i'll have to wait and see for my results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads